Here at PepsiCo we're currently recruiting for a Shopper Marketing Insights Senior Manager to join our Marketing Insights team!
When you have a brand portfolio that contains names like Pepsi, Mountain Dew and Gatorade, it would be easy to rest on your laurels. But not at PepsiCo. We’re always striving to achieve bigger and better things. We’re accelerating the pace of innovation to meet the Nation’s evolving tastes. We’re strengthening our customer and supplier relationships.
As a Shopper Marketing Insights Senior Manager, you’ll have every opportunity to grow with us. You’ll be responsible for developing and delivering the shopper insights plan for our power house brands across all our retail channels & customers. Make no mistake, the strategic and tactical understanding of the shopper will be instrumental in informing commercial decision-making, developing new customer propositions and fueling growth. You’ll also be expected to communicate your findings directly to customers.
You’ll be a skilled analyst, able to synthesize and integrate information from multiple sources, and a confident presenter who can communicate well with colleagues and work with external agencies. Strong influencing and negotiating skills will be key.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
You will help drive accelerated growth targets across our Beverage portfolio by:
- In line with the Shopper learning program and the Perfect Store roadmap, delivering ground-breaking new insights to the key stakeholders across the Marketing and commercial functions and within our customers to spearhead sustainable growth
- Managing the localization of the national DX (Demand Acceleration)/AFH (Away From Home) selling story by partnering with Division shopper marketing team, Sector DX/AFH team
- Partnering with division shopper marketing, category management, Sector DX/AFH teams to support division customer strategy development
- Continuously enhancing the shopper research capabilities and tools used to deliver the learning plans, such that PepsiCo is always considered internally and externally to be credible, innovative and market leading in Shopper Insights
- Connecting with & understanding the needs of key cross -functional partners (DX, Category management, Commercial, Brand Marketing, Sector Consumer Insights, Retail Team) & key strategic customers, to develop & codify an integrated insight learning agenda
- Leading the ‘test and learn’ research agenda within a given customer or channel
- Playing an active role in the creation of our team culture & capability programs linked to the development of functional & business partnering skills, as well as strong and fully connected day to day working relationships within the marketing and cross functional teams
- Working with Shopper Insights directors and team to shape, design, prioritize and execute the right solutions for the business
- Commissioning and landing new primary research to fill key knowledge gaps and build up a complete picture of the category shopping process, triggers & barriers
- Building and sharing the Shopper Story for top down cascade, to ensure the whole business understands the key points about how shopper behavior in our category can drive or limit our sales performance
- Integrating robust shopper insights into key business processes and external outputs which should include Category Vision, Strategic Business Plan, Situation Analysis and Problems to Solve
- Bachelor’s Degree Required / MBA preferred
- 8+ years Marketing experience (previous CPG experience preferred)
- Solid understanding and demonstrated expertise in the Marketing function
- Ability to build & leverage informal network
- Ability to anticipate issues and resolve them based on sound business judgement
- Experienced in developing & preparing shopper insights projects and working with external agencies & vendors
- Exceptional analytical skills - ability to synthesize and integrate learning from multiple sources and see the connections in data, trends and events to generate insights
- Strong syndicated data (IRI, Nielsen) skills are essential. Beyond just pulling the numbers, tell us what the story is and what it means
- Excellent project management skills – ability to co-ordinate several diverse stakeholders and to manage performance of external suppliers
- Exceptional time management and prioritization skills – must be able to thrive in a very fast paced environment and juggle multiple projects at once
- Self-starter with ability to work independently – high sense of urgency and entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong leadership skills, exceptional collaboration skills and ability to coach & develop world class talent
- Aptitude to learn fast, to absorb and integrate new facts and methodologies into normal operating process
- Effective communication skills – accurately identifies the role of different stakeholders & tailors communication messages & style accordingly
- Challenge & Influencing Skills – experienced & effective at influencing and challenging senior internal stakeholders and agencies
- Bilingual in English and Spanish an asset
- Candidate must have indefinite right to work in the US
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement