In this role, you will be responsible for operationally leading the newly created Cairo Business Services center in addition to managing Global HR Service Delivery for the Cairo center. This role will manage the service delivery and align/modernize scalable operations across various functions and business areas of PepsiCo.
Key responsibilities for the Cairo Business Services leader will:
- Be responsible for running the overall business operations in Cairo that will span back-office operations in Sales, Marketing and HR.
- Be responsible for leading and/or supporting a variety of end-to-end activities to improve work effectiveness
- The role is accountable for HR service delivery, continuous process improvement and optimization of a broad scope of HR Services (Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, Reporting & Analytics, and Employee Processes, Learning), meeting defined service levels and KPIs, including customer satisfaction
- Manage multiple towers and work activities within towers to drive improved service, higher quality and lower costs
- Hire, onboard and mentor Cairo Business Services leadership team - functional tower leads, migration leader and team, support resources
- Lead the Cairo Business Services and the migration of processes to Cairo across all stages of transition – knowledge capture, knowledge transfer, go-live/cut-over and scale up
- Drive successful implementation of work coming into the Cairo Business Services with an emphasis on robust planning, transformation and transparent communication with impacted stakeholders
- Own the deployment of standards across multiple functional towers
- Oversee workforce planning including development, training, deployment, retention and performance
- Develop operational reporting metrics to consistently measure and report effectiveness of the Business Services around quality, responsiveness, cost and other KPIs. Develop and execute effective continuous improvement initiatives and focus on process standardization, simplification and optimization
- Deliver quarterly performance results and action plans. Present annual operating and capital budgets for approval and annual service level commitments for review by the Governance Board. Ensure financial and operational controls are executed basis pre-defined agreements with client/stakeholders
- The role will manage the GBS Cairo HR budget, process documentation for PepsiCo compliance and audit, local legal audit/risk management and local vendor management.
Key accountabilities for the Cairo HR Business Services leader will:
Global HR Service Setup
- Partner with Global HR Delivery and Integration Lead to build and set up a fully operational HR shared service organization in Cairo within overall project timelines and goals
- Ensure that the site set up supports the GBS business case assumptions and deliverables
- Mitigate key risks during integrations: Ensure local mitigation actions are identified, tracked and executed with the right escalation and support model
- The role will be part of the Cairo Business Services leadership team and will work with the Global HR Service Delivery Lead as work is transitioned and connects are built across new Global HR Service centers.
Global HR Service Delivery
- Accountable for successful integration and transition of new HR services based on the process transition plans and meeting all defined SLAs and KPIs as per the road-map
- Drive HR process synergy across sectors and HR COEs to optimize and cultivate HR innovation and effectiveness
- Responsible to develop and drive local business continuity plans
- Proactively apply organizational diagnostic expertise to analyze and identify potential design improvements, providing change management support and appropriate communications to prepare implementation of new services / processes
- Work closely with HR stakeholders across PepsiCo and the Global HR Service Delivery Lead to drive respective initiatives and to anticipate future needs and opportunities
People & Organization
- Responsible for the leadership, organization, coordination, development and execution of the HR services and delivery teams in Cairo Business Services
- Support talent development and exchange across delivery teams to ensure that future organization structure allows to attract and retain the best talent for the future
- Active networking and integration with PepsiCo Global Services Centers for best practice sharing and continuous improvement
- Drive team spirit, cultural change and foster diversity and inclusion agenda at the Cairo center
- Manage external associates and vendor relationship, in local scope wherever applicable
The successful candidate will be, first and foremost, a transformational business executive – who can scale-up aggressively, drive high-end work and be an effective change manager to help derive the intended benefits from the shared services structure.
Required Skills and Experience
- The successful candidate must have at least a 10+ years of leadership experience with a multi-national SSC, BPO or a shared services having led start up, scale-up and the maturity stages.
- Experience in cross-functional transformation/consolidation programs is critical to successfully manage the Business Services.
- Leadership experience in HR Operations/Shared Services/service integration environment
- Experience in high-end reporting and analytics and be able to comprehend and execute relevant digital technologies impacting business operations.
- Must be an effective Change Manager.
Preferred Skills / Experience
- Ideally have experience in the CPG or Manufacturing Sector, or background in Finance.
- Ideally be Master Black Belt certified.
- Broad experience in multiple HR disciplines (e.g. Compensation & Benefits, HRBP, Learning, etc.) is preferred
- Excellent understanding of operations and back-office operations (especially accounting and financial reporting)
- First-hand experience of growing a multifunctional shared service center
- Experience developing globally applicable operational controls, procedures and reporting metrics
- Experience building and managing a team across multiple functions
- Track record delivering continuous operational improvement and efficiency
- Strong communication skills – with ability to delineate high level vs detailed level reporting
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Exceptional coordination/organization skills with attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and volatile business environment
- Business acumen and understanding of the complexities of working across a global organization
- Ability to maintain strong and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to influence peers and leaders in a matrix environment
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills, establish and maintain trust
- Problem solver/ analytical thinker
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Decisive and Results-oriented
- Must possess strong leadership skills and can perform in an environment of ambiguity