PepsiCo Saudi Snacks for Foods Limited established in 1995 with 2 plants in Riyadh & Dammam & more than 2,500 employees in KSA & UAE. Our brands include Lays, Doritos, Sunbites, Cheetos, Tasali & Quaker.
Our employees are at the heart of PepsiCo. Through the Company's commitment to Talent Sustainability, we continue to support the development of employees. At PepsiCo, you get the best of both worlds: an entrepreneur’s mindset plus reach and resources. Our collaborative culture and worldwide presence generate a stream of new opportunities to define the future and propel your life’s work. Bring your unique perspective. Bring curiosity. Bring ingenuity, and drive. We’ll give you a platform to be daring on a global scale.
Working within MENA R&D, this position will support product development and technical brands agenda of Doritos & Pellets of Gulf & Levant Foods BU. This position report directly to R&D Sr. Scientist / Engineer based in Riyadh.
Accountabilities: – list in priority order the main accountabilities/deliverables of the role, including key measures. These should be clearly the responsibilities of the
Manage all technical aspects of Doritos & Pellets products by maintaining existing products specifications, developing new products from concept to launch, include LTOs, refresh, select reframe projects to develop winning consumer propositions that drive sustainable business growth
- Effectively manage multiple projects; innovation, productivity and brand stewardship of Doritos & Pellets.
- Lead Doritos & Pellets AOP projects and PSP initiatives from Idea Hopper to Launch & Learn of Refresh and select reframe projects.
- Develop, plan, conduct, and coordinate product development initiatives to use experimental design and data interpretation tools to make technically sound recommendations to business.
- Engage with Gulf & Levant Foods BU GP & SC to support and manage technical aspects of productivity agendas of Doritos & Pellets.
- Develop product against consumer and business KPIs by leveraging available resources including R&D Laboratory tools, bench top, factory equipment, pilot plants, supplier’s technical assets.
- Coordinate samples requirements with manufacturing plants, global R&D function etc. for NPD, internal screening, bench taste, sensory test, consumer test, shelf life stability, sales samples, scale-up trials, and other needs.
- Develop & review FC, business P&L and finalize product and ingredient specifications with PQP guardrails.
- Develop an understanding and demonstrate the application of consumer product testing; sensory and analytical etc. to deliver superior products to the market and establish product intelligence. Actively participate in marketing research programs including focus groups and other consumer research formats.
- Lead Accolade and Technical Stage Gate and related work for his/her project and ensure timely completion of all TSG stages and its deliverables.
- Develop project briefs/Global Innovation Briefs (GIB) and seek R&D and other cross functional alignment (especially Marketing and Supply Chain).
- Lead exploration of new ingredients, formulation and process technologies and leverage expertise inside and outside the organization to deliver new product and process development.
- Represent R&D on multi-functional business teams and Influence others through strong communication & interpersonal skills.
- Develop and execute projects utilizing solid technical project management tools and skills to ensure objectives are accomplished on time, to the agreed standards and within budget.
- Provide regular progress updates against agreed deliverables & objectives and timely communication of issues to all primary sponsors and stakeholders.
- Execute the new product launch flawlessly through the use of sound project management principles and the application of strategic decision-making tools.
- Act as the guardian of quality for the brands; owning product, process and material design standards and owner of product specifications and tracking in-market performance through CQA & PQMd.
- Support TBM to deliver Reframe & Breakthrough innovations through participation in trials, commissioning and launch.
Education:Graduation degree in Food Science /Engineering (Chemical/industrial) / Food & Nutrition/Pharma
- Must have FMCG /RD experience of + 2 year
- Preference for experience in Product development/R&D function.
- Excellent knowledge of food production and processes.
- Reasonable Knowledge of product development tools.
- Good working knowledge of food science principles.
- Ability to create product formulations delivering consumer winning products
- Excellent knowledge of experimental design.
- Ability to plan and conduct factory trials.
- Good knowledge of statistical analysis and interpret data.
- Good Knowledge of consumer testing protocols.
- Skills & Abilities:
- Passion for creativity and innovation within a commercially driven environment.
- Proven record of launching at least couple of innovation in the market.
- Ability to work in Factory/Plant environment in collaboration with diverse nationality workforce.
- Self-starter, self-motivating – very high drive for results and able to deal with uncertainty and complexity.
- Excellent PC skills (Excel, Word, Power Point, MS projects and internet).
- Cultural sensitivity/flexibility in responding to diverse cultures/work styles.
- Ability to travel locally and internationally as required by project.
- Good understanding/appreciation of the broader business environment and application of technical and commercial knowledge during project execution.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with Supply Chain, Marketing, equipment & materials suppliers and consumer testing agencies.
- Strives for ambitious standards, seeks innovative solutions, drives continuous improvement of products, processes or methods and demonstrates a high degree of intellectual curiosity.
- Good presentation skills (written & verbal).
- Possess strong work ethic, high degree of self-confidence, self-reliance and ability to be a self-starter.
- Possess ability to function effectively in a diverse & dynamic work environment as well as manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Adapts to change well with the personal leadership to influence and positively motivate self and peers.
- Outstanding teamwork and communication skills with ability to communicate and negotiate effectively across all levels and all functions of the organization
- Strong in organization, documentation and time management skills.