Demand Planner is the pivot of supply chain planning and logistics that binds the end to end value chain together and brings efficiencies in every echelon of the chain. A Demand Planner’s core job will be to bring the business from a push model to a collaborative, data driven pull model by giving accurate projections for rolling 12 months, improving forecast accuracy on an SKU level (for accurate planning of cartons and films), on flavor level (for accurate import inventory buildup). Accurate 1month projection on price points (to maximize machine capacities and alert of any capacity crunch well in time), on DC level (to optimize network), on distributor /customer /level to improve CFR and OTIF & decrease pending orders.
- Actively engage all stake holders including Marketing, Finance, Sales, GP, R&D to chalk out the strategic level plan and break it down to operational plan month wise for 12 rolling months
- Lead a Demand review meeting in 2nd week of every month to review last month’s performance, segment wise trends, gaps vs forecasts, future corrections, Gap VS AOP and enrichments and interventions to bridge the gap.
- Propose corrections in future projections based on consumer insights from Marketing, sales, own market research, promotional plans, seasonality build ups and drops, festivities.
- Correct the mix of price points from bottom up approach to get to an aggregate number
- Correct the DC wise allocation of projections based on pending order trend and distributor wise ordering.
- Firm up the 1st draft of Demand Plan to Supply Planning team to review the demand supply reconciliation and issue a constrained demand plan (If at all) based on Agro/RPM /Capacity challenges
- Present to LT/BU heads final shape of plan with special focus on immediate month and current quarter and a strategic alignment on 4-12 months.
- Issue the plan in 3rd week of month projecting the demand for upcoming month (&12month rolling).
- Forecast accuracy 67-70% on various cuts (lag 4, lag12)
- Forecast bias +/- 1%
- Maintain polarity switching of SKUS weekly
- Reduce volatility of SKUs or capture reasons for sustained volatility
- Owner of the ISCP DP module
- Responsible for adding 2-year history in the system on various cuts
- Responsible of running the baselines through the DP system using the most accurate algorithm aligned with the local market
- Responsible of comparing the system generated forecast with the BU aligned forecast in Demand Planning Meeting
- Bridging gap between the ISCP and BU forecast by enriching the forecast
- Delivering 70%+ on ISCP adherence
- Responsible for timely updating new material codes in ISCP
- Responsible for timely shifting forecast to new material codes (influenced by AW or any other change)
- Ordering trend belt wise, distributor wise to gauge distributor level projections
- Co-relating primary sales, secondary sales, secondary stocks, orders
- Flavor mix PC, NPC
- Price mix PC, NPC
- Activity Calendar with various Trade and Category Promotions and capturing their effect
- Building data base on effects on grammage change, new product launches, first fill in, re fill ins
- Co-relate consumer demographics with sales trend
- Study Seasonality impact or Festivity impact if any
- Document building blocks for enriching forecast (e.g. expansion of universe, increase in drop size per customer, amount of ANM spent vs revenue generated, price and grammage elasticity)
- Inform CS team of corrections in DC allocations to increase CFR
- Inform logistics team about zonal trends and projections to manage fleet enhancement timely.
- Inform RPM team of fluctuations in demand well in advance to manage materials effectively
- Inform Import Planner of changes in rolling 6month and 12month forecast to plan imports effectively.
- Preferably 5+ years in similar capacity/operating organization with SC exposure.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering Or Business Administration, MBA/ Maters in supply chain preferred.
Job Type: Regular