PepsiCo’s eCommerce division is expanding into the San Francisco bay area of California, with a focus on leading-edge technology in the areas of machine learning, big data, eCommerce, data engineering, and more. This is an exciting opportunity to build a new team, define our engineering processes / best practices, and build engineering assets that enable our business to be ever more competitive.
The Data Engineering team is looking for an experienced engineering leader for Mobile development. You will build and lead a team, collaborating with team members from Finance, Engineering, IT, Product, and PepsiCo Business Units to gather / review business requirements, understand goals and objectives for new development projects; learn PepsiCo systems / data architecture; develop mobile architecture, specifications, technical designs, and project plans; implement applications and back-end systems to support PepsiCo’s business needs in the area of Mobile eCommerce.
- Research and document mobile systems requirements:
- D2C consumer experiences
- B2B customer experiences
- Internal tools development for mobile devices
- Develop staffing plan for your team, based on team obectives
- Assessment of candidate skills and team fit
- Mentor new team members on best practices around mobile engineering and systems integration
- Maintain technology roadmap for mobile engineering
- Develop detailed project plans for your engineering projects, platform maintenance, monitoring / alerting
- Implement projects supporting mobile devices
- Comprehensive quality processes, including test automation, for all of your engineering work
- Support the systems you’re building; develop monitoring and alerting
- 10+ years in software engineering leadership, with at least 3 years at the director level and managing teams of 10 or more people
- Experience developing on mobile devices, including native iOS and Android, as well as use of cross platform technologies such as React Native. Knowledge of mobile web dev and responsive design
- Experience defining requirements and developing mobile applications
- Extensive experience managing vendors, and integrating vendor software with internally developed solutions and other vendor software
- Fluent with Agile processes and tools such as Jira or Pivotal Tracker; must have experience running Agile teams, continuous integration, automated testing, and test driven development
- Excellent skills at project estimation, understanding team velocity / dev capacity, progress tracking with burndown charts
- Self starter; bias for action and for quick iteration on ideas / concepts; strong interest in proving out ideas and technologies with rapid prototyping
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization, and across various teams; must have excellent communications skills with engineers as well as business and finance team members
- Team player; excellent listening skills; welcoming of ideas and new ways of looking at things; able to lead brainstorming sessions and elicit input from team members – including those who may not be the loudest voice in the room
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement