Be part of an exciting business where employees are recognised and career growth is nurtured.
Bluebird is home to some of the New Zealand’s favourite and most trusted brands such as Bluebird Ready Salted Potato Chips, Doritos, Copper Kettle, Grain Waves, Twisties and Burger Rings! We are a progressive and people-focused business, and believe our diverse workforce is the key to our success. Because we value our employees and their families, we offer an agile and flexible working environment with an emphasis on work life balance and health, as well as plenty of learning opportunities and room to grow your career.
We are currently recruiting for Process Operators across multiple shifts on site at Wiri: Day, Twilight & Night Shift.
you will be a key part of a strong and supportive team, and your positive attitude, solid attendance, and excellent work ethic will be recognised and rewarded within the business.
At Bluebird we offer a work environment that is focused on the Safety. Health and Wellbeing of our employees, and we are committed to recruiting, training, developing and retaining high quality employees.
Our Process Operator role will see you running our manufacturing equipment in a safe, cost-effective and efficient manner to produce high-quality product.
As a Process Operator, you will:
- Operate snack-food processing machines cost-effectively: centre-lining, process equipment operation, calibration, monitoring and cleaning
- Work as a part of an efficient food production team
- Use manual handling techniques and processes safely
- Ensure safety, health and environmental compliance in all areas: completing quality checks, flavour testing, product specification testing and management of materials and waste
- Actively contribute to Food Safety targets within the team
You will have:
- Secondary Schooling to year 11-12, or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in an operating environment
- Good communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Previous knowledge and experience of process controls, quality assurance and Health & Safety in the food industry an advantage
- A work ethic which contributes to the success of the team, the process area and business results
- A good mechanical aptitude with strong attention to detail, safety and reliability
- A flexible approach to ensure the job gets done right the first time and to ensure quality in every bag
- A motivated individual with a hunger to learn new skills, challenge yourself and progress your career
- Ability to work autonomously, whilst working towards achieving team goals
- An active and involved contributor within the wider team
Your positive attitude will be rewarded with excellent long term local and global career opportunities, and ongoing professional development along with a fun and rewarding working environment.
You will be a key part of a dynamic team and a valuable contributor to a global company that is one of the FMCG market leaders. At Bluebird, we recognise our people as a key part of our business and career progression within the business is encouraged and supported. We are committed to recruiting, training and retaining high quality people.
Bluebird’s job application process:
- Submit your application via our website, including a cover letter & resume
- Online self-paced video interview
- Skills assessment
- Reference and medical checks
#LI-DNIRelocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Pipeline