PepsiCo UK is home to some of the world’s most loved food and drink products. Here at our Skelmersdale Manufacturing site we specialise in everyday favourites such as Monster Munch and Snack a Jacks to name but a few.
Do you want to work in a Company that has a phenomenal reputation for developing and launching products that our consumers love, in the biggest crisp factory in the entire world where you can receive a formal accredited training programme via an apprenticeship where you will gain a Level 2 Diploma in Food and Drink Operations?
It is an exciting time for us and we continually strive to improve our business performance. Our General Operatives (GO) are a huge part of our operation and work across every area of the plant undertaking a variety of crucial tasks to maintain our high standards. We are looking to recruit General Operatives to work in all areas of our incredible factory.
Our GO’s work in a range of areas including: Packaging, Process, Multipack and Services. In Process, you may be involved with inspection duties, manual handing, automation tasks carrying out housekeeping duties or carrying out laboratory tests. In Packaging & Multipack, you’ll be part of a team packing product, operating and checking machinery and carrying out important quality checks.
No matter which area you come into, you will be part of a busy and diverse team who are committed to the PepsiCo brand. In joining this team you will be supported in your role via a team of co-ordinators and you will be responsible for the performance of your zone using our LEAN Manufacturing framework.
WHAT WE OFFER
PepsiCo are passionate about the development of its people which is one if the reasons why we have encompassed this phenomenal role with an Apprenticeship where you get to learn whilst you earn! You will receive comprehensive training for the role whilst being supported during your probationary period to achieve the required standard. Those with the potential to progress will have the opportunity for further development to enhance their career within the wider PepsiCo business.
Our culture at PepsiCo is very inclusive. We are committed to the local community and the environment via our corporate & social responsibility and our Performance with Purpose pledge. We regularly reward and recognise those individuals who go above and beyond in their role.
ACTIVITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Operating and setting machinery within a zone whilst being accountable for a number of pieces of equipment, ensuring they are H&S compliant, at a set standard and identifying when they are not.
- Understanding the cause for any drops in standards with machinery, along with the impact of this and how to rectify issues.
- Understanding and interpreting numerical data and confidently communicating verbally and in written form machine performance and any gaps in standards using Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Calling out for assistance from wider shift team / Co-ordinators / Managers where necessary if issues occur outside the remit of the role
- Please note that the application process requires you to complete assessments both online and in person during the assessment process
You will have access to flexible benefits inc childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme. We have a very competitive holiday allowance and pension scheme for our employees.
ON SITE AT SKELMERSDALE WE HAVE:
- A subsidised canteen
- Staff discount shop
- Free on site parking
SALARY / BENEFITS
- Your pay rate will start £11.24 per hour including shift premium, reviewed annually.
- Your pay will increase subject to successful completion of the training programme (approximately within 12-15 months)
- Competitive Holiday and Pension Scheme
Does the above tickle your tastebuds?
If you are results driven, self-motivated with a can-do attitude, then we would love to hear from you.
- Strong Communicator
- Flexible Attitude
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- Manufacturing experience desirable but not essential
Job Type: Pipeline
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.