We are currently looking for a R&D Regulatory Affairs Manager (Chemical Safety) to join our team on a maternity leave role based in Little Island, Cork.
We are the concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi. We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands. We are a global organisation, situated in 17 locations across 11 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
At PepsiCo, innovation takes centre stage. In a fast-moving consumer environment, our research and development capability is crucial to provide a fresh twist to our favourite brands as well as creating new healthy choices that we need to succeed in the market. Focusing our research and development on meeting the latest consumer needs - whether nutrition, refreshment or indulgence –will drive our growth both now and in the future. Do you share our passion for innovation? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
The overall responsibility of this role is to lead governance on chemical regulations, GHS and the transportation of hazardous materials for PepsiCo globally. The successful candidate will provide PepsiCo with leadership and direction to ensure compliance strategies/policies/plans are developed and executed, in an effective and efficient manner across all PGCS manufacturing plants and distribution centres. The successful candidate will be actively involved in horizon scanning and will drive a positive environment through external advocacy and stakeholder engagement. This is a leadership role with three direct reports. The position will report to the Regulatory Affairs Senior Manager.
- Lead governance on GHS and the transportation of hazardous materials for concentrated flavours and ingredients
- Lead a team of chemical safety experts/label experts/SDS authors
- Ensure that regulatory obligations applicable to PGCS are communicated to manufacturing facilities in a timely and effective manner.
- Coordinate Hazmat Governance Committee quarterly meetings
- Where global strategies/policies/plans are required to ensure compliance, provide leadership and direction to ensure these are developed and executed.
- Provide regulatory support to local EHS and Hazardous Material Coordinators thereby enabling them to implement measures at local level to ensure compliance.
- Drive and coordinate the network of Hazardous Material Coordinators.
- Actively participate in external groups/associations/trade organisations.
- Keep abreast of regulatory proposals through horizon scanning.
- Provide information and direction to Senior Management on potential threats to the business.
- Lead PepsiCo hazard classification programme for substances and mixtures using various classification schemes set out by the UN, including GHS and Transport of Dangerous Goods.
- Lead PepsiCo SDS authoring programme
- Mange third party contracts relating to GHS & transportation of hazardous materials.
- Deliver presentations on GHS/transportation of hazardous materials.
- Coordinate PepsiCo global hazardous material training programmes in conjunction with consultants
- Provide regulatory input on COMAH/SEVESO regulation
- This role may include up to 10% travel (depending on government and health authority guidelines)
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science, Biology or related scientific discipline. Post-graduate qualification is an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in a people-leadership role, managing teams and coaching development.
- Several years’ experience working in an industrial setting relating to chemicals & hazardous materials.
- Knowledge of international hazard communication regulations (GHS, CLP, HCS, WHMIS) and the global regulatory environment on the transportation of hazardous materials (IATA, IMDG, ADR, DOT).
- Understanding of chemistry and a working knowledge of toxicology, ecotoxicology and risk assessment.
- Experience of conducting a regulatory impact assessment on business activities.
- Knowledge on one or more Safety Data Sheet related systems such as 3E Generate, WERCS, MySDS, SafeTec.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Desire to grow and develop within the role.
- Results oriented and self-motivated with an ability to lead teams.
- Excellent communication (verbal & written), interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Excellent planning & organization skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups.
- Ability to think analytically and focus on details.
- A clear understanding of the procedures for the protection of confidential business information.
- Qualified as a Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor (DGSA)
- IATA certification in air shipment of dangerous goods
- Teaching/training qualification or experience
- Experience as an SDS author
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com
“For the purposes of external advertising we have called this role a R&D Regulatory Affairs Manager. However please note that the internal job title the successful candidate will have will be R&D SRA Manager.”Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Temporary