We are PepsiCo Supply Chain. We are the game changers, innovators, collaborators and history makers. The groundbreakers of the Supply Chain & Logistics space.
We are a diverse group, spread across 200 countries and territories, and united by a shared set of values and goals. You know our name through our amazing portfolio, including Tropicana, Pepsi, Frito-Lay, Quaker and Gatorade. We perform with a purpose. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. Together, we raise the bar in lean manufacturing practices. We put forth new standards and stretch to reach beyond the goals we set.
The Maintenance Team Leader leads a maintenance department that includes front line managers and a team of mechanics. She or he is responsible for people and team development, motivating the team and ensuring quality performance. Responsibilities include cost efficiency, continuous improvement on processes, service, and safety for an entire business unit across all shifts. This role will also include achieving site performance for uptime, equipment reliability, overall equipment effectiveness, and building/grounds maintenance. This role will also coach managers and team members to strategize, utilize correct processes and facilitate problem-solving on the floor.
- Lead team of 5 to 20 hourly maintenance mechanics with varying levels of experience and education
- Responsible for people and team development, quality, performance, cost, service, and safety
- Develop individuals and the team to solve technical and operational issues
- Motivate the team to achieve performance targets
- Organize and facilitate team meetings to achieve a continuous improvement process
- Coach team members to use the process and facilitate problem-solving on the floor
- Job level will vary based on experience and scope of the role
- Build capability of maintenance technicians to reach short & long term performance goals
- Improve team communication and engagement
- Motivate team members to achieve plan goals
- Solve daily operational issues
- Administer policies and practices
- Communicate cross-functionally to assist the team to solve operational issues
- Organize and facilitate work team meetings (examples: pre-shift, roundtables, etc.)
- Initiate and implement projects
- Assure equipment reliability to maximize production line efficiency
- Implement process enhancements
- Utilize visual factory concepts to maximize asset utilization
- Prioritize site maintenance opportunities
- Four years of technical or engineering degree required
- Analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills required
- Ability to think quickly, creatively and challenge the team to do the same
- Strong organizational skills
- Leadership and management skills required
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy needed to work with software packages such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Team building skills to lead the maintenance team and drive results
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC’s would be beneficial
- Financial knowledge would be beneficial
The ideal candidate will be an energetic individual with great people skills that is a creative problem solver. Experience with team-based management would be beneficial. Joining this team allows for the chance to learn about many aspects of the business and supply chain. Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement