Auto req ID: 208653BR
The PepsiCo Beverages North America (PBNA) team in Chicago is looking for a communications manager to join its fast-paced, collaborative team of seasoned professionals to drive effective and efficient internal, sales and corporate communications for an iconic suite of brands.
The position will provide experience in internal storytelling / content creation, executive visibility, employee engagement, marketing support, community affairs and cross-functional collaboration designed to help strengthen the connectivity within our business unit and across our Chicago office. The Communications Manager reports into PBNA Central’s Communications Director and joins a national team of communications professionals supporting our beverages business across the U.S.
Specifically, this person will:
- Execute a best-in-class internal communications strategy for both our PBNA Central team as well as our broader Chicago office of ~1,600 associates. Seamlessly execute plan to ensure we are fostering a strong culture of informed, engaged, inspired and motivated employees.
- Manage, and craft content for, our internal communications channels to deliver news to our associates (e.g. Town Halls, letters from executives/HR, online platforms such as Yammer and our intranet news site).
- Partner with Change Management team on communications and events to support our employees in our upcoming move to a new building and subsequent new ways of working
- Collaborate on creation and execution of PepsiCo’s community relations strategy in Chicago
- Plan and run all town halls and events
- Support any external communication for Chicago office (community affairs news, building move, etc.)
- Liaise with PepsiCo global internal communications as well as leaders and communications partners from other Chicago brands (Quaker, Juice+ and Gatorade) on PepsiCo Chicago communications
Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
- Bachelor degree required
- Keen understanding of consumer beverage and packaged goods category, with 7 - 9 years of experience in public relations either client-side or PR agency; corporate communications is a plus
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills – networking, relationship-building, cross-functional team leadership
- Ability to interface with senior leadership, executive presence
- Demonstrated results with program development and project management from beginning to end.
- Proven results in creating lifestyle consumer stories that result in target-right coverage in both long-lead, off- and online publications and with bloggers.
- Strong writing and editing experience, including presentations and press materials, as well as messaging, speeches and events.
- Adept understanding and usage of social media for business and brands, including blogging, Twitter and Facebook and other emerging social media.
- Digital space knowledge, online and internet search and online research skills.
- Multi-task management, project coordination and execution, logistics and budget tracking against program goals and objectives; framework for creative that marries against business goals and communications strategies.
- Issues management and internal communications experience.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, matrixed environment.
- Must be willing and able to travel 25%+ of the time if not located in Chicago
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement