Do you want to have a lead role in shaping the future of modern convenient breakfast in the UK?
This role is responsible for managing the £80m (NR) Quaker convenient hot porridge portfolio which includes sachets and pots in the UK. This is the brand heartland (70% of the total Quaker brand Net Revenue) and therefore it is strategically pivotal to driving the sustained and profitable growth of the brand. The portfolio is well placed to capitalilise on macro trends and Quaker is the clear market leader in both segments but is under pressure from both PL and new niche brand entrants who are offering more for the price at all price levels.
In this role you will own performance delivery and will be responsible for developing the 18m brand plans that can modernize and differentiate the portfolio, shaping the future of modern convenient porridge. This role is also responsible for partnering with the commercial functions to deliver world class execution as well as maximizing NR via having the right pack at the right price at the right time.
• In partnership with Senior Marketing Manager inform the overall breakthrough convenient hot 3-5 year strategy & PSP plans.
• Lead the development, launch and execution of the 18month annual brand business plans for convenient hots.
• Lead the renovation and innovation pipeline including packaging and product across convenient hots within a 12 month horizon
• Own the performance of convenient hots; Putting in place strong tracking and evaluation and recommend optimisation as well as course correction and attending regular performance meetings.
• Lead the execution of any sustainability initiatives across product & packing where relevant to convenient hot portfolio.
• Work closely with the Marketing Manager Innovation in the development of 12month+ innovation pipeline for convenient hots, acting as an input to ensure the brand jobs to be done are being addressed within the pipeline.
• Work closely with the Comms/ Equity team in the development of all creative content / campaign development on convenient hots, acting as an input to ensure plans address the brand jobs to be done.
• Working closely with the execution and sales teams, lead the Sales Execution Vision for convenient hots
• Overall accountable for the Convenient Hots brand marketing budget excluding comms and further out innovation spend.
• Leading edge FMCG marketing experience gained in blue-chip consumer business.
• Highly capable across all core marketing fundamentals with spikes in strategic penetration, NPD development and excellence in commercial execution.
• Strengths in strategic thinking - strong proven analytical skills and ability to cut through multiple and complex data sources to generate very clear consumer-driven strategies that deliver focused, growth-driving business outcomes
• Strong NPD development experience, from consumer-insight and demand space identification through to concept development, validation, business case development and launch.
• Highly commercially savvy - Uses performance measurement & sound financial management - balancing short and long term – to build the brand. Balances commercial, customer and consumer motivations to deliver outstanding results.
• Strong Cross-functional project leadership experience
• Takes others with them; excellent relationship building, listening and influencing skills. Must be a great collaborator and able to navigate a cross-functional matrix; leading and influencing cross-functional project teams as well as business partnering with others in the direct team.
• Strong evidence of ability to set the agenda, specifically a strong strategic and conceptual thinker and smart innovator; able to cut through complexity to shape clear simple recommendations that will transform the portfolio performance agenda.
• Strong impact and influencing skills of plans and recommendations with senior management – able to turn complex business cases into easy to digest sound bites / core messages to enable swift buy in of senior management
• Strong decision making and sound judgement
• Tenacious and resilient: Ability to stay focused on projects and tackle obstacles to deliver business results. Demonstrates a business pragmatism, able to adapt and flex to changing business requirements.
Job Type: Regular
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.