Walk into your local supermarket or corner shop and it won't take long to spot one of our products. PepsiCo is home to Walkers, Pepsi, Quaker and Tropicana – market-leading brands and household favourites. We are one of the world's leading food and beverage companies, generating over $65 billion in net revenue each year. Our portfolio of diverse and beloved global brands, includes 22 product lines that each generate more than $1billion in annual retail sales. Our products are sold in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. Our Grocery Sales team work with our biggest customers – the major supermarket chains.
We are looking for a highly driven Senior National Account Manager to join PepsiCo to own and manage the day to day operational processes for the whole Walkers business, including promotional planning, ranging and campaign execution all store formats.
You will be responsible for managing our commercial relationships and will build joint business plans to deliver against PepsiCo UK share, sales, and profit growth targets.
As a Senior National Account Manager you will report directly to the Business Unit Controller responsible for your customer. You will have opportunity to get involved with the coaching and development of the trading executive, working closely together to manage day to day internal and external workload.
In more detail you will:
- Own P&L for your customer
- Work closely with the Business Unit Controller and Customer Trading Team to develop and deliver long term strategic plans
- Utilise trade investment efficiently through effective negotiation and by developing a suitable promotional strategy that maximises ROI and efficiency
- Develop and deliver execution for all Walkers marketing programmes, NPD and base initiatives, in line with internal expectations and gate 4 targets.
- Drive the customers Business Unit for your customer by managing and developing cross-functional relationships both internally and externally with: Finance, Shopper Marketing, Customer and Shopper Insights, Supply Chain, & Marketing
- Manage the trading agenda with key contacts to deliver against the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and long term strategic plans.
- Develop base driving initiatives and long term strategic plans with your customer
- Own the in-store execution calendar
- Manage the day to day agenda with the customer trading contacts
- Responsibility for managing the different retailer formats with the customer
- Responsible for understanding performance drives and aligning on corrective activities as required
- Manage the internal forecasting process
- FMCG sales background; with strong experience of account ownership
- Grocery experience is desirable
- Experience of working with Buyers
- P&L ownership and understanding
- Account planning ownership
- Experience of developing and executing a JBP
- Experienced and proven negotiation skills
- Computer literacy – Microsoft Office / Analyser / Business Objects
- Influencing and selling skills
- Relationship building and flexing style to maximise customer engagement
- Key Competencies: results driven, prioritisation, analytical, thinking skills and strategic focus, Negotiating, productive communication, collaboration.
Job Type: Regular
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.