PepsiCo Foods Canada (Frito Lay) is known for more than just our fun products and great brands. We've also got great people that work hard, focus on results and have a lot of fun doing it!
Company Profile: As part of the global powerhouse PepsiCo, PepsiCo Foods Canada (Frito Lay) is more than just snacks. Across Canada and the world, we have a broad portfolio of powerful brands including Lay's, Doritos, Tostitos, Pepsi, Aquafina, Tropicana, Quaker and Gatorade to name a few.
With over 5,000 employees nationwide, PepsiCo Canada is committed to building a family of tasty, delicious snacks that grows and prospers. And that's just the beginning. With six manufacturing facilities, 50 major distribution centers and 70,000+ customers from coast to coast, we're constantly searching for committed, hardworking individuals to help build our team PepsiCo Foods Canada has a current opening at the Frito Lay Distribution Facility in Scarborough, ON for a Warehouse Lead.
The Warehouse Lead is responsible for leading the operation of the DC’s during their shift. The primary roles of the Lead are to meet their Key Performance Metrics and develop Team Members on both the Pre Pick and LASR picking and driving teams. The Lead has the responsibility to ensure timely execution of product flow to the Sales organization, and interfaces between Warehouse, Traffic & Sales leadership.
- In cooperation with the site Operations Manager provide coaching and technical support in Warehouse and for the LASR Driving operation.
- Lead a team of 15 to 30 hourly associates with varying levels of experience and education.
- Responsible for people and team development, quality performance, cost, service and safety.
- Develop individuals and the team to solve routine operational issues.
- Motivate the team to achieve established performance targets.
- Create weekly schedule and process payroll.
- Organize and facilitates team meetings.
- Conduct Individual Performance Feedback sessions with Warehouse Technicians and LASR Drivers to ensure that expectations are being met.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Support the implementation of continuous improvement projects.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and leading for results through others.
- High level of skill in coaching teams and working as a team player.
- Experience in warehouse environment an asset.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of computer applications MS Word/Excel/Powerpoint.
- High degree of organizational skills and attention to detail.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma or equivalent experience
- 3 years of experience in a warehouse environment an asset
- Demonstrated people and leadership skills
- Flexible – willingness to work off shifts and weekends
- Team based approach to decision making
Job Type: Regular