PepsiCo Foods Canada has an opening in the New Minas, Nova Scotia Plant for a Warehouse - Carton Sorter.
PepsiCo Canada is recognized as one of Canada’s top 100 employers. PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. Our product portfolio includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands; from Gatorade to Quaker, Tropicana to Lay’s and more. We make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world. PepsiCo's effort to help build a more sustainable food system represents a key element of the company's broader vision of accelerated, sustainable growth known as Winning with Purpose. As part of this vision, PepsiCo is striving to be a better company by further integrating purpose into the core of its business and brands and doing even more for people and the planet. Our purpose efforts include fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, supporting the communities where we live and work, and improving choices in our portfolio through reformulations and new products.
At PepsiCo Canada, we are focused on delighting our consumers by delivering high-quality products and exciting brand campaigns. Our people are critical to our success and by supporting their personal growth and development and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, PepsiCo Canada is a company you’ll be proud to join!
What you’ll be working on:
- Effectively sorting cartons while meeting efficiency requirements
- Scan bundles and enter inventory into appropriate program
- Safe operation to unload and load cartons
- Keep work area clean
- Support the daily production schedule
- Attend all pre-shift and team meetings
- Complete other duties and/or roles as assigned in the event Carton Sorting is not required during a scheduled shift (may include, but not limited to picking/loading, or other support in warehouse)
Who’s a good fit for the team:
- High school or GED preferred
- Ability to work in a safe manner at all times
- Ability to work effectively within a team setting
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Willing to learn new skills
- Ability to perform frequent standing, bending, twisting, crawling, kneeling, squatting, climbing, reaching, and grasping
- Ability to work weekends and shift work (8am – 4pm; 4pm – 12am; and 12am – 8am)
- Please specify in your application which shift you prefer
Wages: Please note: A wage progression is followed and successful applicants start at $15.35 per hour. Wages increase to $17.40 per hour after successful completion of 500 regular hours.Job Type: Contract