PepsiCo Foods Canada has an opening in the New Minas, Nova Scotia Plant for a Warehouse Technician.
PepsiCo Canada is recognized as one of Canada’s top 100 employers. PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. Our product portfolio includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands; from Gatorade to Quaker, Tropicana to Lay’s and more. We make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world. PepsiCo's effort to help build a more sustainable food system represents a key element of the company's broader vision of accelerated, sustainable growth known as Winning with Purpose. As part of this vision, PepsiCo is striving to be a better company by further integrating purpose into the core of its business and brands and doing even more for people and the planet. Our purpose efforts include fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, supporting the communities where we live and work, and improving choices in our portfolio through reformulations and new products.
At PepsiCo Canada, we are focused on delighting our consumers by delivering high-quality products and exciting brand campaigns. Our people are critical to our success and by supporting their personal growth and development and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, PepsiCo Canada is a company you’ll be proud to join!
What you’ll be working on:
- Unloads cardboard and imported product
- Carton sorting work
- Ability to learn how to drive a forklift
- Count inventory and reconciliation of finished goods
- Performs general clean up and sanitation duties
- Works in a safe manner at all times
- Attends regular scheduled team meetings
- Ability to work rotating shifts and weekends (8am – 4pm, 4pm – 12am, or 12am – 8am)
- Other duties as assigned
Who’s a good fit for the team:
- High school or GED Preferred
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to work in a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must be able to perform frequent standing, bending, twisting, crawling, kneeling, squatting, climbing, reaching, and grasping
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Forklift experience preferred
- Warehousing experience an asset
Wages: Please note: A wage progression is followed and successful applicants start at $15.35 per hour. Wages increase to $17.40 per hour after successful completion of 500 regular hours.Job Type: Contract