PepsiCo Foods Canada has an opening in the New Minas, Nova Scotia Plant for a Packaging Technician.
PepsiCo Canada is recognized as one of Canada’s top 100 employers. PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. Our product portfolio includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands; from Gatorade to Quaker, Tropicana to Lay’s and more. We make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world. PepsiCo's effort to help build a more sustainable food system represents a key element of the company's broader vision of accelerated, sustainable growth known as Winning with Purpose. As part of this vision, PepsiCo is striving to be a better company by further integrating purpose into the core of its business and brands and doing even more for people and the planet. Our purpose efforts include fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, supporting the communities where we live and work, and improving choices in our portfolio through reformulations and new products.
At PepsiCo Canada, we are focused on delighting our consumers by delivering high-quality products and exciting brand campaigns. Our people are critical to our success and by supporting their personal growth and development and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, PepsiCo Canada is a company you’ll be proud to join!
What you’ll be working on:
- Perform Packer duties including: Cleaning, totes, boxes, sanitation and basic packaging machine operations
- Support the daily production schedule
- Maintain packaging equipment to Company standards
- Develop action plans to address issues
- Effectively use Package Certification process to ensure quality standards are met and maintained
- Attend all pre-shift and team meetings
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Who’s a good fit for the team:
- High school or GED Preferred
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to develop technical skills and understanding of the packaging process
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills and develop cross functional skills in other areas of manufacturing
- Ability to demonstrate commitment through reliable attendance
- Ability to work weekends and shift work (8am – 4pm, 4pm – 12am, 12am – 8am)
- Ability to perform frequent standing, bending, twisting, crawling, kneeling, squatting, climbing, reaching, and grasping
- Prior manufacturing experience an asset
Please note: A wage progression is followed and successful applicants start at $15.35 per hour. Wages increase to $17.40 per hour after successful completion of 500 regular hours.Job Type: Contract