About this role:
This new, highly visible role provides a successful candidate with a unique opportunity to have a significant impact on PepsiCo’s global innovation agenda. The role is a key enabler of delivering STRONGER commercial capabilities across the enterprise to drive FASTER topline growth.
PepsiCo has recently defined a new Innovation Model to ensure that innovation becomes a cornerstone of accelerated growth. This role will be accountable for defining the cross-functional processes, data, tools & systems requirements to underpin the Model. This will include:
- Re-defining, standardizing & codifying the E2E (idea to shelf) commercialization processes across the enterprise that are agile, fit for purpose and best in class
- Defining E2E innovation data requirements and digitized portfolio, program & project management (PPM) system requirements
- Co-leading with Global R&D & IT the business case & vendor/tool(s) selection for new systems/tools/data investments, leveraging cross-functional teams from Global, Sectors & BUs.
- Roll-out and embedding of the new capabilities across PEP
- Clearly define the business objectives of the transformation, engaging with senior stakeholders and subject matter experts at Global, Sector and BU level. Key functions will include marketing/innovation, R&D, supply chain and finance. IT will be a key partner throughout.
- Gaining a deep understanding of the current status (best practices, gaps), clearly articulating the From-To and defining the associated success factors/KPIs. Identify external best in class industries/companies & benchmark as appropriate.
- Develop a Master Plan of the transformation, including key deliverables, interdependencies, timelines, budgets, project team requirements and governance model.
- Take stock of current processes, identify best practices, gaps and current in-flight workstreams to redefine and codify PepsiCo’s innovation process from “idea to shelf”.
- Define the appropriate KPIs for the four innovation archetypes – Refresh, Reframe, Break-In & Break-Out.
- Define the data needs, definitions, ownership, governance and infrastructure requirements to enable “always-on” data that is also “one version of the truth”, in partnership with the Chief Data Officer’s team and key functions (Marketing/Innovation, R&D, Insights, Finance).
- Accountable for ongoing innovation data standards for the commercial organization, and work in partnership with the equivalent role in R&D to ensure E2E data integrity and continuous improvement.
- Define the PPM tools/systems requirements that are fit for purpose for PepsiCo’s new Innovation Model, new innovation archetypes and today’s fast-paced, omnichannel, digitized, global/local world.
- Proven results delivering large scale transformational change within a complex, cross-functional, Sector/Global environment. Experience leading/co-leading large scale systems/tools implementation preferred
- Very strong program & project management experience – agile & waterfall techniques, risk management, contingency planning etc
- A highly skilled communicator, with the ability to simplify & elevate communicate to senior stakeholders whilst being very comfortable managing detailed operational issues with project teams and vendors
- Must be very organized and yet be able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment. Leading within ambiguity is a must
- Very high level of business acumen – must be commercially & organizationally savvy and financially astute
- Solid understanding of PEP’s innovation processes and make/move/sell models
- Ideally has a balance of leadership & operational experience in local operating businesses, regional and global roles
- Must be tech-savvy and comfortable within today’s agile, digitized, interconnected world
- Minimum 15 years experience in PepsiCo or similar CPG industries
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement