We are looking for a Senior Marketing Manager on Frito Lay to lead the strategic development of our long-term innovation pipeline, drive strategic marketing support to accelerate our Costco business, oversee the Multicultural strategy, and drive the Sustainability agenda within our portfolio of brands.
In this portfolio marketing role, you are responsible for inspiring a diverse group of stakeholders to elevate these key marketing agendas. You will work closely with the PepsiCo Foods Canada Executive Team, owning the Stage Gate innovation meeting each period with this team, and facilitating effective review of the innovation strategy and execution across all functions throughout the planning cycle. You will work closely with the Sr. National Account Manager on Costco to strengthen the business by bringing innovative ideas and expertise to the customer. You will also drive the strategic vision for the Multicultural portfolio and bring that vision to life across the omni-channel journey by identifying the right product portfolio & innovation, media & consumer campaigns, and best-in-class in-store execution.
This role reports directly to the Director of Marketing – FLC Clean Brands & Innovation and is responsible for leading one direct report (Associate Marketing Manager – Multicultural & Innovation Strategy), while developing their functional excellence and leadership capability through effective coaching and mentorship.
PepsiCo Canada is a growth engine for the CPG industry in Canada, and has been recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 employers for the past 6 years and a top employer for young people. PepsiCo Canada is home to over 60 of Canada’s favourite brands - from the well-loved Lay’s, Doritos, Gatorade and Tropicana brands, to budding disrupters such as bubly, Pure Leaf, Bare Snacks and Off the Eaten Path – there is so much opportunity to make a difference in the Canadian marketplace. We are consumer obsessed and focused on outpacing our competition by being centered on the consumer, developing exciting local brand campaigns and product innovations you’d be proud to share with friends. And our people are our greatest asset. We love working together and challenging the status quo, and are proud to be called Marketer of Year by The Dive Awards.
What you’ll be working on:
Long-Term Innovation Pipeline – Strategy, Development & Execution:
- Lead development of Frito Lay Canada’s 3 year innovation pipeline aligned with key business priorities, driving share and repertoire growth
- Lead the Stage Gate innovation review each period with the PepsiCo Foods Canada Executive Team, including full pipeline management, 3/2/1 innovation results, strategy and execution.
- Assess key strategic opportunities for innovation including consumer trends, share opportunities, channel opportunities and repertoire growth in order to develop a first look at the innovation pipeline 2 years ahead
- Collaborate and wire closely with brand marketing, insights, research & development, operations, Frito Lay US and the Global Foods Group to identify new locally relevant innovation platforms and ensure feasibility, alignment and Canadian requirements are being addressed during the development process
- Build strategic channel innovation plans leveraging key channel and customer insights in order to be more shopper-centric and win in the omni-channel environment
- Coach the Associate Marketing Manager - Multicultural & Innovation Strategy, on the annual innovation pipeline development process and innovation business review for Frito Lay Canada
- Build & drive long-term growth strategies for Costco working closely in partnership with the Emerging Channels sales team
- Identify strategic innovation opportunities for Costco in collaboration with Senior National Account Manager, brand marketing, and the Costco commercialization team
- Support strategic initiatives contributing to Costco growth (e.g. Permanent Item Support, Pricing, Merchandising)
- Support annual Growth Summit presentation by collaborating closely with the Senior National Account Manager
- Multicultural Strategy & Sustainability Agenda
- Champion long-term strategy & planning for Frito Lay’s Multicultural strategy and as a Center of Excellence
- Champion the sustainability agenda within marketing to further integrate purpose into our business strategy
- Provide coaching and development to the Associate Marketing Manager - Multicultural & Innovation Strategy in order to develop their functional excellence and leadership capability.
Who’s a good fit for the team:
- Undergraduate/graduate business or marketing degree
- 8+ years marketing experience (previous CPG experience preferred)
- 3+ years of people leadership with a track record for development talent with a coaching mindset
- Solid strategic and execution skills with a track record of delivering strong growth results
- Consumer insight driven marketing experience with integrated communications experience
- Strong leadership skills, exceptional collaboration skills and high ability to influence (key stakeholders include Sales, Insights, Supply Chain, Finance, R&D, Agency Teams, US/Global)
- Smart innovator who seeks out creative ideas, solutions, and best practices to get better results
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to coach & develop world class talent
- Ability to anticipate issues and resolve them based on sound business judgement
- Strong and effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation
- Bilingual in English and French an asset
Job Type: Regular