We are currently looking for an Apprentice Electrical Instrumentation craftsperson to join our Maintenance team base in Little Island on a 4-year apprenticeship Program SOLAS approved.
We are the concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi. We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands. We are a global organisation, situated in 17 locations across 11 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast-paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
The Technical Function is our team of enabling experts offering knowledge and partnership to functions on specialist subjects including engineering, quality and productivity. They ensure operations and food safety excellence for our team. Could you bring a new dimension to our technical expertise? If so, we could take your talents to a whole new level.
Apprenticeship is the recognised means by which people are trained to become craftspeople in Ireland. Run in conjunction with SOLAS, the National Training Authority, the purpose is to provide an apprentice with the necessary skills, knowledge and experience to become a qualified craftsperson. On successful completion of this Electrical Instrumentation apprenticeship, the apprentice is awarded a QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate Craft – Electrical Instrumentation. The successful candidate will have the opportunity of achieving a qualification for a rewarding and interesting career while working in a modern manufacturing environment.
The role of the apprentice will be involved in assisting the Maintenance Team in their day to day duties, attending all SOLAS required training programmes and completing the craft training curriculum. During the apprenticeship, PepsiCo will provide the opportunities to learn the required range of work and will train and assess the apprentice in the skills, knowledge and competence as specified in the craft curriculum.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Complying with all SOLAS off the job and PepsiCo on the Job training/ assessment requirements.
- Actively demonstrating interest and drive in completing all elements of the craft curriculum.
- Assisting/training with the Maintenance department in:
- ◦Interpreting drawings and translating these into circuitry.
- ◦Repairing day to day equipment and system issues to minimise downtime.
- ◦Updating the plant preventative maintenance system.
- ◦Liaising with production on machine uptime and availability of equipment and drive machine performance through the electrical team.
- ◦Supporting production equipment requirements and plant facilities and utilities.
- ◦Participating and contributing to process/plant improvement projects.
- ◦Adhering to all PepsiCo Health and Safety requirements.
- Leaving Certificate successful completed with 5 ordinary level subjects as a minimum requirement to include:
- Grade B or more in at least 1 of the following Ordinary Level subjects
- Any practical subject Engineering/Technology/Construction Studies/Physics
- Grade C or more in Ordinary Level Maths/Applied Maths
- Successfully pass the Ihsihara Colour Vision test
Additional Desired Criteria
- Must have excellent written, verbal and numerical skills.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Interest and aptitude in using equipment and tools to perform tasks requiring precision.
- Ability to demonstrate agility & manual dexterity.
- Desire to keep up to date with changing technology.
- Ability to follow routine procedures for scheduled maintenance
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $64 billion in net revenue in 2018, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.comRelocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Temporary