Taber Hybrid - Seasonal
PepsiCo has current openings for a six month contract as a Taber Hybrid
The successful candidate would be required to work 12 hour shifts (7:00pm – 7:00am, or 7:00am - 7:00pm) on a 3 day on, 3 day off rotation.
PepsiCo Canada is recognized as one of Canada’s top 100 employers. PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. Our product portfolio includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands; from Gatorade to Quaker, Tropicana to Lay’s and more. We make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world. PepsiCo's effort to help build a more sustainable food system represents a key element of the company's broader vision of accelerated, sustainable growth known as Winning with Purpose. As part of this vision, PepsiCo is striving to be a better company by further integrating purpose into the core of its business and brands and doing even more for people and the planet. Our purpose efforts include fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, supporting the communities where we live and work, and improving choices in our portfolio through reformulations and new products.
At PepsiCo Canada, we are focused on delighting our consumers by delivering high-quality products and exciting brand campaigns. Our people are critical to our success and by supporting their personal growth and development and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, PepsiCo Canada is a company you’ll be proud to join!
What you’ll be working on:
- Set up and operation of the seasoning machines
- Maintaining quality controls for seasoning application and salt tests
- Managing the conveyor system (OMS) to ensure appropriate product feed
- Complete loading/unloading of finished cases into trailers using powered industrial truck
- Automated palletizer troubleshooting
- Ability to learn and operate the inventory control system
- Complete all necessary paperwork, ensuring accuracy of information
- Trained and demonstrated competency in battery maintenance and changes following appropriate safety procedures
- Able to understand the production sheet & forecast requirements to proactively supply the necessary materials on time to the floor.
- Understanding of the Quality Assurance Program Manual as it relates to raw material receiving and storage
- Understanding of and participation in inventory counting and reconciliation processes
- Maintain a high level of sanitation in work area
- Able to execute against reject materials, action steps including coordination with the Lab and basic troubleshooting
- Observe Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and provide GMP coaching to any personnel coming through work area
- May be required to cover other shifts with appropriate notice
- Support end of week sanitation duties and preventative maintenance (TPM) responsibilities as required
Who’s a good fit for the team:
- Must be able to meet the Physical Demand Analysis (PDA) for the potato receiving position, material receiving position and warehouse shipper position
- Must maintain an acceptable absenteeism level.
- Able to obtain and maintain forklift license with demonstrated attention to safety.
- *Forklift experience is considered an asset
*Preference will be given to applicants with grade 12 or equivalent
- Skill working in a team based environment
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive compensation
- A flexible working environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance
- A dynamic and inclusive culture that promotes you to bring your whole-self to work
- A supportive team that will encourage your professional growth and development
- An opportunity to be meaningful and impactful within your work and projects
- An opportunity to give back to the community with our Always on Volunteer 360 Program
- An organization that aims to use their scale, reach and expertise to build a more sustainable world