2nd Shift Maintenance Supervisor
Ensure the equipment systems can deliver at expected true efficiency by maintaining and improving all manufacturing equipment and the building that it resides in. Provide strong support of environmental compliance, safety, quality and food safety efforts. Develop and coach direct reports to strategically lead the department in TPM continuous improvement efforts through the Preventive Maintenance Pillar as well as supporting the operations department Autonomous Maintenance plans. Ensure capital projects are implemented successfully: achieve stated results, on time and within budget.
Major Action and Support Actions: This individual is responsible for managing all maintenance department efforts while developing a team of Maintenance team members, and other key members within the department. The successful candidate will provide the technical link between maintenance functions and production needs.
- Provide guidance and support to the development of maintenance planner/coordinators, controls engineer, and maintenance technicians such that they are accountable for achieving individual, team, and maintenance department goals.
- Control the ongoing repair and period maintenance budgets in line with the fiscal plan. Implement cost reductions to offset negative or unplanned variance to the fiscal plan while achieving proposed True Efficiency objectives.
- Budget, direct, manage and control all REA (Repair Expense Authorization) projects ensuring all schedules and budgets are met.
- On a regular basis, meet with the Operations Departments to review equipment maintenance issues with the overall goal to maintain a True Efficiency index which is in line with the strategic long-range plan objectives.
- Keep abreast of new technologies and provide a vision for technical improvement across the plant.
- Develop and implement procedures to ensure spare parts availability and control of assets is maintained.
- Organize and facilitate work team meetings (examples: pre-shift, staff meetings, roundtables, etc.).
- Resolve employee relations issues and work with maintenance staff to drive capability.
- Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity of the Food Safety Management System and communicate to relevant personnel all information essential to ensure the effective implementation and maintenance of the Food Safety Management System.
- Ensure compliance with all Environmental, Safety, Quality, Food Safety and PepsiCo Audit systems.
- Conduct presentations and formal training programs for both maintenance and production team members.
- Develop and implement both preventive and predictive maintenance programs.
- Needs to provide support on all shifts, across all the days of the week.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years in Engineering & Maintenance.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of processing, packing, and utility equipment designs to effectively lead technical resources to successfully maintain equipment to achieve high levels of productivity.
- Must possess strong financial control skills to support plant efforts in successful cost and capital planning performance.
- Ability to give/receive constructive feedback.
- Expert in root cause analysis/BDA process.
- Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to set a vision, manage change, develop personnel and strategically plan for continuous improvement of human resources.
- Ability to interface with plant personnel, outside contractors and different functional groups within the business units.
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement