Auto req ID: 209608BR
The overarching role of Commercialisation is to enable our organisation to remain competitive and achieve sustained growth via the flawless execution of ‘Fewer, Bigger, Better, Faster’ innovation, activation, commercial change and value engineering. The key accountabilities of our function include:
• Managing the innovation hopper and pipeline; understanding the value, gaps, risks, resources and trade-offs required to deliver our targets and ensure we make the right innovation portfolio choices
• Leading the Stage Gate process and all innovation governance forums
• Providing world-class Commercial project management expertise, delivering solutions that enable rapid speed-to-market and flawless execution
• Project portfolio management for all Innovation and commercial change projects, driving synergies and minimising complexity and reducing low value-add activities
• Proactively engaging with the Global Groups to enable flawless commercialisation of globally led initiatives in Europe
• Developing and embedding world-class people, processes, systems and scorecard capability into the categories and BUs
• Driving continuous improvement across all innovation governance and Commercialisation KPIs
The Commercialisation function will encourage new ways of working via close cross-functional collaboration, the effective networking of category and BU Commercialisation teams and strong functional and operational reporting lines.
Purpose of the role:
The Nordics BU Commercialisation Lead role reports into the Commercialisation Director for WE Beverages Category, Nordics and DACH BUs, AFH. On a day to day basis, the role has a dotted line into the Nordics BU General Manager, and sits on the Nordics Extended Lead Team.
The role is accountable for the ongoing leadership & governance of the Nordics Commercialisation processes, systems, tools & KPIs to manage the Innovation & Commercial Change Agenda, across the Snacks, Nutrition and Beverages categories. The role will be responsible for managing the Nordics BU Po1 innovation pipeline and driving BU prioritisation and trade-offs between categories.
The Nordics BU Commercialisation team will provide project management leadership for all Brand Refresh & Commercial Change projects within the Nordics market, as well as ensuring the gold standard execution of Category-led Breakthrough and Reframe initiatives.
The role will also engage with the broader Sector Commercialisation team to enable best practice sharing.
- Build, roll-out & embed world class Commercialisation capability ~ portfolio management, stage gate, systems, data standards, KPIs & people, consistent with Global & Sector best practices & principles
- Lead Nordics BU Innovation forums (Activation Boards) for Foods and Beverages partnering with the Nordics BU Leadership Team and the WE Category Teams, to sponsor & embed the appropriate behaviours to underpin.
- Management of Innovation & Commercial Change pipelines, highlighting risks, managing complexity & driving trade-offs. In particular, identify pipeline value, cost to execute & enable flawless execution in the Nordics markets.
- Systematically measure performance vs KPIs (business & process) to drive change & continuous improvement.
- Commercial project management of all Brand Refresh & Commercial Change projects within the Nordics markets, as well as ensuring the gold standard execution of Category-led Business Breakthrough and Category Reframe initiatives post Gate 3 approval.
- Net Rev of Nordics business currently approx. €152 MM, of which Innovation NR $11 MM
- Leads a team of 2 Change Managers.
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $67 billion in net revenue in 2019, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 23 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. "Winning with Purpose" reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com
Proven results and critical experiences required in a significant number of the following areas:
• Very strong, proven commercial project leadership skills
• Deep operating knowledge of how to commercialise large scale innovation (incl Stage Gate management)
• Ability to deliver significant business change within a fast-paced X-functional, matrix environment
• Strong commercial negotiation skills and/or commercial supply chain experience
• Very high level of business acumen ~ must be commercially savvy and financially astute.
• Deep knowledge of PepsiCo’s Make/Move/Sell capability
• Ideally has international experience Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular