This is the primary lead to develop and execute communications plans that elevate and advance the visibility of the Foundation’s programs and impact in communities surrounding PepsiCo operations. The primary objectives of this role are to:
- Convey compellingly how the Foundation’s mission and investments benefit society overall and local communities around the world
- Elevate the visibility of Foundation programs locally and globally through effective collaboration with Foundation Leads and Sector Communications colleagues
- Demonstrate creatively how PEP employees contribute to their communities’ advancement via Foundation programs (Employee Engagement) and create new comms programs to increase employee participation in volunteering
- Develop the Foundation’s strategic communications plans and lead the day-to-day execution of cross-channel Foundation communications activities. Serve as the primary writer of the Foundation’s content for distribution across paid, earned, shared, owned and stakeholder communications (PESO+).
- Lead the sourcing of stories, data and spokespeople that demonstrate how the Foundation’s work supports vulnerable communities and complements PepsiCo’s sustainability work.
- Lead the validation of information and development of messaging for a range of Foundation communications materials including but not limited to press releases, speeches, talking points, presentations, op-eds, videos, infographics, social media content (visual and text-based across platforms), and internal communications.
- Design, publish and evolve tools to market the Foundation (stakeholder newsletter, sizzle reel, PPT decks, branded materials).
- Create effective partnership model and tools to maximize Foundation PESO+ communications opportunities that span corporate and local teams (e.g. toolkits, customizable campaigns, core messaging that can be locally tailored).
- Contribute to innovative, new, measurable tactics for the Foundation’s communications (e.g. digital campaigns that generate audience participation, internal & external experiential events that bring the work of the Foundation to life, activation at leading purpose conferences, hosting online discussion forums, and trialing various marketing tactics).
- Personally facilitate the execution of communications tactics (e.g. on-site conference engagement, management of Foundation-hosted convenings).
- Enhance the efficiency and quality of communications with the agency (Edelman).
- Contribute to improved measurement for the Foundation’s communications by leading the analysis of program performance in measures beyond impressions; provide performance insights to enhance communications.
- Serve as an ambassador of Foundation efforts and impact, leading meetings and developing materials to educate and inform cross-functional communications colleagues to they can elevate the work of the Foundation.
- Role requires political and cultural sensitivity and strong interpersonal relationship building skills. The majority of the Foundation programs are outside of the US so designing communications plans that speak to local social development challenges and PEP’s global priorities requires sensitivity and partnership.
- Role requires a strong storyteller with excellent writing skills for materials across a range of channels that each require a different tone/style of content (i.e. core messaging for a global program but be translated and executed for social media, earned media interviews, PEPfeed, Yammer, etc. yet all remain consistent and unified).
- Must consistently demonstrate strategic thinking, proactive project planning and smart decision making.
- Role requires the ability to engage PEP executives in all Sectors on the strategy and results of investment and communications plans. Strong yet responsive leadership, constructive problem solving and diplomatic influencing skills with people from a wide range of backgrounds and interests are required.
- Role requires consensus building and collaborative development of communications programs, budget, deliverables, creative among peers in the Foundation and in Sector/Region/Market communications and Public Affairs teams.
- Role requires the ability to represent and explain the global Foundation strategy in forums internally and externally.
- The candidate must adapt messages to meet and engage a range of audiences with varying degrees of interest and expertise.
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement