Location: Wrocław or Zielona Góra surrounds.
The key role of Engineering Project Leader would be to manage Capital Projects portfolio from conception to completion for our new plant in the Southern part of Poland.
This would be an overall responsibility for budgets, technical and resources agendas, with key focus on Engineering Area and Team management and long-term Productivity Delivery (appropriate value, productivity and investment levels).
He/she will also support business agenda development by preparation of feasibility studies, business cases, financial models and technical solutions for various new business initiatives (together with Commercialization, R&D, Marketing, Central Technical Services, Global Procurement, SC Planning, Plant Operations and Others).
Finally, the Engineering Project Leader will ensure sustainable, financially well controlled environment establishment for Capital Projects for our new plant.
- Project Management of all projects in plant achieving the budget KPI’s (agendas, timelines, budgets, financial, resources, H&S legislation, etc.);
- Manage trade-offs and resource constraints to ensure effective and timely projects implementation;
- Negotiation, and authorized signatory of contracts (supplier selection, purchasing/ procurement, order placement/tracking and invoice processing);
- Preparation of scopes, coots, timelines, and resources requirements for capital investment (Start plan, AOP business process);
- Co-ordination of in-house project teams (R&D, technical development end-users IT S&D);
- Design research and technical development of equipment in conjunction with suppliers, TQE and R&D groups;
- Manage commissioning of new equipment to hand it over to operation on time and as per specification and safety requirements;
- Stay in charge of external contractors safety work management (claims work, PepsiCo ERP/RMS system implementation in relation with contractors and external suppliers);
- Manage project team members (engineers) in order to ensure they pass all necessary certification, attestation for Labour safety, technical certifications, food safety to be in full accordance with PepsiCo (AIB, ERP/RMS systems) and Polish law requirements;
- Manage preparation, alignment & approval of Capex ensuring AOP delivery. Cooperate with local and regional Finance developing & aligning CARs and associated financial models;
- Invoice supervision and assets depreciation plan of projects and follow up the appropriateness according to general company financial flow by preparing monthly tracking & BOY reports;
- Formal Engineering qualification, preferably with degree in Engineering, process engineering background preferred;
- 7+ yrs critical FMCG experience, with 2+ yrs of managing direct team;
- Strong project management skills to co-ordinate agenda of multiple paralell executed projects within multisite environment where resources are not directly owned;
- Experience in project management of multi-MM$ capital projects;
- Contracts negotiating skills for equipment and services purchases;
- Strong analytical skills, good understanding of financial modelling and accounting principles to be a partner for discussion for the Financial Department;
- Sound technical expertise (machinery equipment and production processes technology) with ability to quickly learn and determine suitability of various evaluated technical and technological solutions during feasibility studies preparation and equipment design sessions;
- Fluent in English and Polish;
- Computer Literate (AutoCad, MS Office package with good Excel);
- Ability to create and lead functional project teams;
- Subject to direction rather than control, recommendations are reviewed for input with line manager with the aim to align and identify implementation strategy rather than approval;
- Influencing skills - able to align and motivate site leaders and manufacturing directors to support the projects, provide resource, time etc.;
- Ability to communicate with and drive engagement on agenda with multiple stakeholders from VP to frontline;
- Effectively works and benefits from multicultural working environment;
Job Type: Regular