At PepsiCo, we create the unexpected. Do you want to be a pioneer in a dynamic field of applied analytics? Forward-thinking HR organizations are tapping into the vast stores of data they have at their disposal to measure, monitor, and improve the management of their organization’s greatest asset – their people. Envision yourself on the cutting edge of this new discipline, and joining us at the intersection of statistics, data science, marketing research, economics, psychology, and sociology. Our group is where you get to learn from authorities in the field, work with a highly accomplished interdisciplinary team of colleagues from across PepsiCo, and use your Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM) degree in an unexpected way to help PepsiCo build a work environment where talent thrives.
NOTE: We are open to this position being location-free / 100% remote.
What you will do:
The People Analytics Senior Analyst is part of the Center-of-Excellence within PepsiCo. Our team collaborates with all levels of the organization from our executives to people in our worldwide network of professional, sales, manufacturing, and distribution facilities. You will be responsible for applying new technologies to business problems and helping develop insights from ground-breaking statistical models of complex human resources and business challenges.
- Apply and improve existing predictive models and advanced statistical analyses to solve for business problems
- Build and use large-scale datasets for statistical analysis using software (e.g., R, Python, SQL, Teradata, Azure, Access, Excel)
- Support the design and lead the execution of experiments, in partnership with your team members, to understand human behavior and value different intervention options
- Support technical project teams as lead analyst, working at the direction of project leaders and working with more junior team members to broaden their analytics skills
- Help build an analytics culture by collaborating with other analytics authorities across the organization, identifying new technologies and approaches, and creating a robust set of analytics tools
- Advanced degree (PhD or Masters preferred) in an applied quantitative or social science discipline, such as Applied Statistics, Behavioral Economics, Mathematics, Sociology, Political Science, or Demography with an emphasis on the use of advanced technologies and empirical research
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in building multi-variate statistical modeling, including approaches like linear and logistic regression
- Experience applying AI and machine/deep learning towards topics like prediction modeling, text analytics, sentiment analysis, and/or path analysis
- Experience managing data acquisition and organization, as required to build statistical models
- Proficiency in at least one coding or statistical software package (e.g., Python, R, R Shiny, SQL, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.)
- Experience with one of Tableau, Power BI, or QlikView, as well as, Microsoft Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to effectively handle complex data sets and data integrity issues
- Interest in further developing and applying knowledge of AI and other technologies to solve human and business problems
- Agile, adaptable, and open to new ideas and cultures
- Collaborative and team-oriented working style
- Intellectual curiosity and dedicated to keeping up with advances in analytics tools and approaches
- Willing to experiment with different approaches and capable of applying new insights in creative ways to answer business and talent questions
- High attention to detail – self-monitors all work to ensure accuracy and completeness
#LI-USARelocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement