The main objective of this role is to ensure reliable, consistent, and effective execution of the applications leveraging the Enterprise Integration Platform (EIP). EIP is a foundational component of PepsiCo’s next generation of Make, Move, Sell processes & systems.
This role will provide Functional and technical leadership to multiple sector IT teams. Will work closely with CTO, Development and business teams to sustain the (Java, Spring Boot) applications deployed on EIAP (Enterprise Integration and Application platform). Monitor the applications for any issues and incidents. Perform initial log analysis and troubleshooting to identify the root cause of application issues.
- Maintain existing production applications developed using Spring, Spring Boot, Datastax Cassandra, and Apache Kafka
- Leverage DevOps practices for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment; Continuously identify the automation scope and implement them to bring in more efficiency.
- Manage all applications running in development, QA, mirror, and UAT and Production environments; support developers, QA, and other teams who are using the test systems
- Assist with production support operations as needed and be part of on call rotation which includes weekends
- Help to define, record and execute application disaster recovery plans and procedures
- Monitor the environments for any issues and incidents- perform initial log analysis and troubleshooting to identify cause of application issues/Root Cause Analysis
- Develop additional code and scripts to improve running of processes, monitoring, configuration, etc.
- Perform engineering activities for performance tuning and deep monitoring of applications and services
- Promote effective knowledge management across the Global Production Support Teams.
- Effectively communicate issues and status updates with business users, development teams and Global Support Lead.
- Effectively handle communications across business and technology partners at varying levels across a medium to large scale enterprise.
- Use Service Now or other similar issue tracking system to follow ITIL practices
- Passionate coder with 5+ years of software application development experience
- Prior experience in large scale enterprise application support, capacity planning, optimization, re-engineering, performance fine-tuning and cost optimization
- At least 3 years as a Full Stack Java Developer with Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Spring MVC
- At least 2 years of developing integration with Datastax Cassandra and Apache Kafka
- At least 3 years of experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with Cloud deployments on AWS/Azure/GCP
- Expertise in design and development of microservices
- Experience with Agile, Angular/ React, AppDynamics, Cassandra, ELK a plus.
- 1+ years of experience with Artifactory, Nexus and GitHub
- Skilled problem solver with the desire and proven ability to create innovative solutions
- Self-motivated and self-managing
- Demonstrate accountability, independent initiatives and willingness to lead and work with teams across multiple locations and time-zones
- Experience working within an on-shore/off-shore support environment
- Requires strong knowledge of the following technologies.
- Java, Spring Boot
- REST services
- Microservice architectures
- Containers (PCF, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Testing frameworks (JUnit or Spock preferred)
- Understanding of automated CI/CD pipelines
- API authentication/authorization (OAuth2 preferred)
- ORM frameworks (JPA, Spring Data)
- Message brokers (Kafka, Active MQ)
- Storage platforms (Cassandra, other NoSQL)
- SPA frameworks (React, Vue, Angular)
- System insights (Prometheus, Grafana, Thanos)
Job Type: Regular