This position contributes to the success of the Pepsi Beverages Company by certifying pallet inventory in a fast paced warehouse operation.
Major Tasks, Key Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
Conduct physical count of inventory using the Company’s inventory technology. Receive finished goods into inventory by using National Inventory System (NIS) and maintain appropriate records according to Old Age and At Risk inventory by proactively monitoring oldest available FIFO product and completing a weekly PQI freshness report. Work with the warehouse team to adhere to o Freshness objective. Assist Quality with quality holds via inventory tracking. Certify the accuracy of the product on the pallets and ensures the loads are shipped to the correct customer. Coordinate and organize the activities of employees engaged in the building, packing, loading as needed. Train Pickers and Loaders on pallet building, packing, loading and wrapping practices as needed. Candidate will be required to work one Sunday a month for period end counting.
Primary Job Accountabilities:
- Count warehouse floor inventory daily be using the ICS handheld
- Counts product on each pallet and certifies its accuracy against the customer order using ILA HHC device. Certified proper pallets are loaded onto trucks for shipment to the customers and maintains detailed, accurate records of shipments.
- Monitors pallet building operations and workflow practices for compliance with established procedures and corrects deficiencies as needed. Monitors the efficiency of employees building pallets. Identifies and recommends modifications to practices and procedures that improves pallet building and loading accuracy and efficiencies, and implements process and procedure improvements with approval of PAS.
- High School diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Position required 3-4 years warehouse experience, preferably in a checker or analyst role
- Incumbent must be organized, detailed oriented, analytical, self-motivated, and have the ability to multi-fast in a fast paced environment
- Excellent PC skills and communication skills, both written and verbal, are required.
- Ability to lift 40-60 lbs. frequently
- Ability to continuously stand/walk for 7-8 hours
- Ability to work on Sunday per period to participate in period end inventory counting
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement