As part of the sales team the primary role of this position is to maximize sales volume, minimize stales, achievement of distribution targets, implementation of agreed merchandising standards, collection of accounts receivable and maintaining high levels of customer service. Operating procedures must be followed to ensure that there is continuity of standards across the KSA to support these primary job functions. In addition to these duties the salesman will also provide his supervisor with latest market information in order to develop any sales opportunities. The salesman will be required to attend training courses designed to improve levels of professionalism and customer service. The salesman is required to complete a daily debriefing with his supervisor.
- Sell the full range of products to an agreed list of customers. Sales will be measured against previously
- agreed targets. Levels of stales must be below the agreed target provided by his supervisor.
- The customers are to receive the service approved by the supervisor. The call frequency as well as the daily route plan are key to maintaining the levels of customer satisfaction demanded by the company. The actual customers visited on a daily basis will be reviewed by the supervisor during the daily debriefing sessions.
- Carry out the daily and weekly vehicle checks as laid down in the operating procedures. The salesman is responsible for maintaining the sales vehicle in a clean and roadworthy condition and any defects or damage must be reported at the earliest opportunity to the supervisor.
- Daily the salesman will agree his order requirements for the next selling period.
- Maintaining individual customer stock levels to the agreed requirements in order to make sure that out of stock problems are kept to a minimum.
- The salesman is responsible for the implementation of the agreed in store merchandising communicated by the supervisor. Where there is additional support from a company merchandiser the salesman will agree with the supervisor the arrangements planned in the outlets with the support.
- Advise the supervisor of any relevant competitor activity taking place in the area served by the salesman. This will be part of the daily debriefing with the supervisor.
- Daily reconciliation of all cheques, cash & credit sales. Zero stock & cash shortages.
- Sales staff are always to be neatly groomed and presentable
- Maintain a high standard of driving and obey the driving regulations.
- The following Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) will be used to measure a salesman’s performance. Failure.
- to deliver consistently the results required will lead to disciplinary action.
Experience / Competencies Required:
- Customer service skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Analytical skills.