Are you up for the challenge? Apply now! You'll be rewarded with global career opportunities, constant learning and development. We offer you the opportunity to be part of a highly successful and highly ethical company that is making a difference.
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $67 billion in net revenue in 2019, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio. This portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 23 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. "Winning with Purpose" reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
As an agronomist, you execute field agronomy and crop monitoring activities through Crop Track to support the procurement of WER (Benelux) potatoes to ensure a continuous source of raw materials to agreed KPI’s for cost, quality and service. Furthermore, you initiate and contribute to in-field and storage agronomy and quality improvement programs that generate sustainable business value by increasing field yield, crop quality and monitoring crop development / contract compliance activities whilst building front-line relationships with individual farmers withing the WER(BLX) potato program. You act as super-user of Crop Track in coordination with ESSA Crop Track Team.
- You execute WER Agronomy and field monitoring to Crop Track KPI’s and help define reporting strategy for ESSA reporting;
- You perform the requirements of Crop Track super-user in coordination with the ESSA Crop Track Team;
- You conduct commercial and variety trial in-field quality and yield assessments incl. full Crop Track data capture;
- You manage and mentor growers/ seasonal hires to monitor field crops and enter data into PepsiCo systems;
- You develop, manage and maintain agro supplier-populated dropbox databases for potatoes used to drive Crop Track and scouting KPI’s. Moreover, you develop expert trainer function and support as required across ESSA;
- You conduct storage quality and volume assessments with reporting every 2 weeks to enable alignment with business volume requirements, reference capable tracking and non-compliant stores;
- You manage the potato databases for compliance with MRL’s and ML’s and report as requested with data to support PepsiCo compliance;
- Trainer for supplier minifry protocols with support across ESSSA, to enable delivery compliance to PEP standards;
- ESSA expert trainer on the new hand held sugar sensor to enable storage and AA legislative compliance;
- Sound understanding of the cost of production based on PEPs TCO model;
- You keep up-to-date with the latest agronomy, storage, sustainability and digitization to enable involvement in efficiency improvements;
- You apply Global Control Standards in the processes under your accountability, comply with GP Policy and other applicable policies as periodically updated and communicated, and ensure correct execution and documentation of controls.
KEY SKILLS AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
- You have a degree in an agricultural or science subject preferred. Specific interest in agriculture is essential.
- You have effective interpersonal skills – credible, positive energy and commitment that encourages farmers to implement ideas and perform tasks as requested by the incumbent. Typical interactions will range from farm technician to Managing Director.
- You are a self-starter with confidence to operate on own initiative and comfortable with driving and working individually or in small peer-groups on farms
- You have a good level of business acumen
- Basic grasp of general business economics as they relate to agriculture including key cost & quality drivers and how to present Agronomy proposals around good business sense
- Commercial savvy with ability to listen to broader topics and provide inputs into commercial managers that supports contract and price negotiations with growers
- Analytical skills – make sense of data captured during field and potato storage visits and ability to spot trends and present value add ideas to Iberia agronomy team, line manager and farmers
- You are result and action orientated – comfortable setting and delivering against stretch targets
- You have a good working knowledge of PC applications – Excel, Powerpoint, Tableau are and comfortable with being trained in detailed PEP PC storage and crop management applications
- You’re excellent at professional and productive reporting and communication
- You have a good knowledge of precision agronomy topics and are skilled on new agro technologies arising on this area preferred
- You have awareness/ experience on basic agro sustainability themes
Job Type: Regular