Work for a global company with some of the world’s most trusted and iconic brands.
Be part of an exciting business where employees are recognised and career growth is nurtured.
PepsiCo Australia & New Zealand is home to some of the New Zealand’s favourite and most trusted brands such as Bluebird Ready Salted Potato Chips, Doritos, Copper Kettle, Grain Waves, Twisties and Burger Rings! We are a progressive and people-focused business, and believe our diverse workforce is the key to our success. Because we value our employees and their families, we offer an agile and flexible working environment with an emphasis on work life balance and health, as well as plenty of learning opportunities and room to grow your career.
To continue our success, we currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Wiri Distribution team as a Night Shift Despatcher on a permanent, full-time basis. The hours of work for this role are 22:30-06:30 Sunday evening to Friday morning.
Reporting to the PM Shift Manager, this position will manage, evaluate and improve receipting, transfers, put away, space utilisation, replenishment, picking, loading, consolidation and dispatching processes in coordination with all shifts. This role will be heavily focussed on the continuous improvement of our Warehouse.
Only people with the legal right to work in New Zealand will be considered.
- Support the day-to-day operation of the Night Shift ensuring daily operational plans are geared towards optimising resource utilisation & improving service levels across Day, Twilight & Night Shifts.
- Work in conjunction with the Shift Manager and Despatchers to develop and implement a continuous improvement culture to improve performance and meet all departmental KPI’s across all shifts; to be done through excellent communication and cooperation across all shifts.
- Daily, weekly and monthly reporting; ensuring accuracy and completion. This reporting includes resource requirements, truck schedules, CHEP pallet control as well as product shortages, delays and misses.
- Promote and reinforce a Health and Safety-focussed workplace: coordination of warehouse safety representatives, coordination of contractor safety inductions, conducting daily meetings to manage the safety within the department and adherence to all quality training, audits and controls.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Results-driven and solutions-focused with a proven ability to organise, plan and delegate duties, and prioritise your time to complete tasks within deadline; always keeping a focus on the end-customer.
- Strong PC skills: working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and SAP WM essential.
- People leadership skills including but not limited to: influencing, negotiation, coaching, team building, performance management, conflict resolution and change management.
- Basic financial acumen with an understanding of budgets and financial reporting.
- Experience within a similar industry seen as advantageous.
- Excellent work-life balance.
- A competitive remuneration package.
- Great career development opportunities across our entire global business.
- Discounted retail and service benefits through our Roll It program.
Your positive attitude will be rewarded with excellent long term local and global career opportunities, and ongoing professional development along with a fun and rewarding working environment.
You will be a key part of a dynamic team and a valuable contributor to a global company that is one of the FMCG market leaders. At PepsiCo, we recognise our people as a key part of our business and career progression within the business is encouraged and supported. We are committed to recruiting, training and retaining high quality people.
Interested? Know someone who might be? This is a great opportunity to join the PepsiCo ANZ team.
PepsiCo’s job application process:
1. Submit your application
3. Medical and skills assessment process
4. Reference and background checks
At PepsiCo, we believe what makes you unique, makes us better. We embrace equal opportunities for all employees. We believe that our people are our best asset and understand the importance of bringing different perspectives, different lenses and different experiences to our workplace. We are committed to building and supporting an inclusive workforce that truly reflects the global communities we operate within and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Follow us on LinkedIn! https://www.linkedin.com/company/pepsico/Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular