In this role you will have several distinct responsibilities and priorities:
- You will own back end feature development end-to-end, spanning data models, testing, scalability, operability and ongoing metrics.
- We work in Elixir: however, languages can be learned. We put more emphasis on your general engineering skill and willingness to learn than knowledge of a particular language or framework.
- We need you to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the back end as we continue to push technology forward.
Some technologies that we use - we don't expect you to know all of these but some familiarity would be great:
- Functional programming e.g. Elixir, Clojure or Haskell
- Ruby on Rails
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
- 4+ years professional experience in software development.
- 2+ years of exposure to building API clients.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous integrations, testing, and operations.
- Hands-on experience with cloud-based platform capabilities.
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement