The Finance Associate Manager - Customer Accounting is required to provide the organization with accurate trade spend reporting and accounting across all business portfolios. The successful incumbent will require a great sense of ownership, pro-activeness and accountability towards the responsibilities within the role, as well as strong analytical and financial acumen. They must be able to manage complexity and demonstrate effective prioritization of tasks, and also simplify and set the agenda for direct reports while coaching effectively to develop areas of opportunity. The role requires strong communication skills, effective relationship building and a collaborative working style.
PepsiCo Canada is recognized as one of Canada’s top 100 employers. PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. Our product portfolio includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands; from Gatorade to Quaker, Tropicana to Lay’s and more. We make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world. PepsiCo's effort to help build a more sustainable food system represents a key element of the company's broader vision of accelerated, sustainable growth known as Winning with Purpose. As part of this vision, PepsiCo is striving to be a better company by further integrating purpose into the core of its business and brands and doing even more for people and the planet. Our purpose efforts include fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, supporting the communities where we live and work, and improving choices in our portfolio through reformulations and new products.
At PepsiCo Canada, we are focused on delighting our consumers by delivering high-quality products and exciting brand campaigns. Our people are critical to our success and by supporting their personal growth and development and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, PepsiCo Canada is a company you’ll be proud to join!
What you’ll be working on:
- Drive timely and accurate reporting of Trade Spend expense and accruals to the organization through period end process and review.
- Lead the development of direct reports through effective execution of manager quality actions: regular 1W1, Mid-Year reviews, people planning, leadership and coaching.
- Identify risks and opportunities to the P&L based on balance sheet reviews, year-end accrual reconciliations and daily reporting
- Collaborate and build strong relationships with finance teams and cross-functional leaders to understand customer economics and the impact on trade spend and overall P&L
- Ensure annual trade spend processes are executed in a timely manner and external partner billbacks are completed timely and accurately.
- Ensure customer teams are engaged regularly to understand customer spending and customer reconciliations
- Identify and drive efficiencies to streamline and simplify trade spend processes
- Support all aspects of GCS including adherence to PepsiCo’s policies, values, and code of conduct.
- Develop team member’s capability to ensure progression in career and execution of simplification objectives.
Who’s a good fit for the team:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance with 5 years of working experience
- Excellent people management capabilities
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, with ability to make well thought-out decisions
- Strong skills in MS Office (Advanced skills in Excel & working knowledge of Access)
- Strong team building/collaborative relationship skills with proven interaction with senior leaders
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Experience in accounting firm or CPG industry is considered an asset
- Competitive compensation, benefits, pension, RRSP contribution and vacation time
- A flexible working environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance
- A dynamic and inclusive culture that promotes you to bring your whole-self to work
- A supportive team that will encourage your professional growth and development
- An opportunity to be meaningful and impactful within your work and projects
- An organization that aims to use their scale, reach and expertise to build a more sustainable world
Job Type: Regular