This is a PepsiCo career opportunity. This position is in PepsiCo China HQ. Please log onto www.pepsicojobs.com/main/china to find more career possibilities in PepsiCo China.
- Based in Shanghai, this GA (Senior) Manager will support all PepsiCo businesses China with focus on headquarters in Shanghai by leveraging good relationships with municipal and district governments from both business operation and expansion POV. He / she will also ensure that PepsiCo GCR businesses comply with all relevant government policies and standards in close coordination with relevant functions such as SRA and Legal, and will lobby with relevant industry peers and industry associations to help safeguard a favorable business environment from public policy and GA perspectives. He/She will also be a link between PepsiCo and Be & Cherry Govt Affairs.
- Formulate government affairs strategies and plans to maintain PepsiCo’s reputable corporate image among key government agencies at central and local level, and create a sound business environment for PepsiCo to operate efficiently with the objective of achieving the business targets, and work against the strategies and plans.
- Build and maintain relationship with external stakeholders, including key central and local government departments, semi-governmental organizations, industry associations, think-tanks, academic opinion leaders, etc.
- Represent the company in front of key government departments, industry and trade associations and other organizations to ensure PepsiCo’s position is properly presented and messages are well heard and accepted.
- Monitor the development of government policy trends, alert the senior management of any potential changes in public policy and advise how the changes may impact PepsiCo’s business, and influence the regulators in developing public policies relevant to PepsiCo, leveraging various direct and indirect channels.
- Support in developing PepsiCo’s business in China, working with relevant functions to secure various government approvals and support for new investment projects and new business fields.
- Support the big annual GA communications events, such as the CEO visit, China Internaional Import Expo, PepsiCo’s participation in the annual World Economic Forum, etc. by coordinating closely with the senior management team and corporate PR team.
- Coordinate crisis management work, ensure compliance of policies and procedures in handling crisis, and work with other functions to promptly manage any crisis that may have impact to PepsiCo’s business and corporate image.
- Take any necessary additional assignment when needed.
- CA team members
- SLT members admins
- Other team members(e.g. Legal and Finance)
- Associations(e.g. CBIA, Amcham and WEF)
- This position requires a professional with proven track record in building government affairs work in China. GA professional with strong government background is preferred.
- No less than 10 years of relevant experience in the profession of government relation;
- Experienced in formulating strategies and plans in developing the government affairs work.
- Prior experience in food, confectionery or FMCG industry is preferred, but not a must.
- Bechelor/Masters degree in food or nutrition or agricultural sciences is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of Chinese political, government organizations, policy-making process, and regulatory environment.
- Strong communication skills in both written and verbal, both Chinese and English. Articulate and can clearly communicate key messages to both external and internal stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Mature personality, good planning and strategic thinking with a proven track record of high integrity and proactive mindset.
- Independent, hard-working and results oriented.
- The ability to maintain rapport with team members, peers and superiors.
- Delivering consistent results, customer centricity, building collaborative relations, managing without authority, and breakthrough thinking
Job Type: Regular