We are currently recruiting a Senior Automation Engineer to join our Engineering team in Arlington, TX.
We are the concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi. We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands. We are a global organisation, situated in 17 locations across 9 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast-paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
The purpose of the role is to bring an Automation subject matter expertise and lead the execution of Automation related Capital Projects (including scope, cost, schedule, resource requirements, stakeholder management, risk management, safety and quality management)
- Deliver PGCS’s automation standards on capital projects.Support and manage the deployment of PGCS’s automation strategy in Arlington.
- Support and manage the sites project portfolio in conjunction with IT and Engineering teams
- Act as liaison on plant automation for IT, Engineering and Manufacturing
- Develop and review automation design documentation
- Manage system integrators, and contractors during the project phases
- Develop supplier relationships and performance management for automation capital projects
- Lead the safe execution, the budget and the schedule of automation related projects
- Support strategic automation supplier relationships to ensure effective management of the PGCS global and local capital requirements
- Interface and communicate with the plant to ensure seamless handover of projects to plant operations
- Demonstrate best practices from PepsiCo divisions as well as from other industries to deliver world-class performance in plant and automation design and delivery
Experience and competencies required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering
- 5 to 7 years of experience in a similar role in the manufacturing industry.
- Experience in Project Management i.e. delivering projects, managing vendors and stakeholders
- Experience in Good Automated Manufacturing Practice (GAMP)
- Experience in Network Infrastructure
- Experience in Rockwell PLC’s, RS Logix, and Factory Talk
- Experience in Wonderware InTouch HMI.
- Experience in object-oriented coding.
- Knowledge in Wonderware System Platform, and/or InBatch is highly advantageous
- MS Office, MS Project, AutoCAD Electrical
- MS SQL or equivalent database management tools
- Strong documentation, presentation and analytical skills
- This position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement