PepsiCo Canada is recognized as one of Canada’s top 100 employers. PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. Our product portfolio includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands; from Gatorade to Quaker, Tropicana to Lay’s and more. We make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
At PepsiCo Canada, we are always centered on the consumer, developing exciting brand campaigns and continuously driving product innovations. Our people are our greatest asset! By supporting their ability to work effectively together and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that PepsiCo Canada is the company you want to work for!
PepsiCo Leadership Program
At PepsiCo Canada we’re always on the lookout for great talent – and that search often brings us to campuses like yours! So, why choose the Sales Leadership Program?
- Early Responsibility: Accelerate your career progression with early leadership responsibilities
- Make an Impact: Contribute in a fast-paced and dynamic environment that pursues growth
- Development and Coaching: Develop yourself and learn to lead and develop others at a company where our People are a strategic priority
- Mega Brands: Make a tangible impact on globally recognized and respected brands
Depending on the role that’s right for you, you’ll have the opportunity to learn the business from the ground up with an initial focus on pure selling. Our Sales Leadership Program roles span a wide breadth of experiences in several divisions; including PepsiCo Warehouse Retail Sales, PepsiCo Foods Canada Field Sales, PepsiCo Beverages Canada Field Sales and PepsiCo Foodservice (see detailed descriptions in charts below). In all positions, you will:
- Utilize analytical and fact-based selling skills to grow volume, revenue, and profitability goals for the assigned territory.
- Responsible for driving volume in assigned territory/district through compliance of specific customer agreements, execution of monthly priorities as well as permanent and temporary in-store development
- Work with customers to execute sales strategies, merchandise, build displays, manage inventory and implement promotional events in either a direct store delivery or warehouse go-to-market system
- Most importantly, by demonstrating proven results and leadership skills in these positions, you will be uniquely qualified for future people management opportunities within PepsiCo Canada.
Description of Responsibilities
PepsiCo Foods Canada: Field Sales
District Sales Leader
Learn the foundations of our Direct to Store Delivery system through a robust onboarding program, and then transition to developing your people leadership skills by managing a team of sales reps. We will help you grow from a Mini-District into a full District Sales Leader where you could have as many as 20 direct reports. In this role, you are responsible for growing the business in your district while coaching your team to expand distribution in new and existing accounts. You will also leverage and develop your analytical skills by conducting business reviews with key decision makers.
PepsiCo Beverages Canada: Field Sales
Pre-Sell Customer Representative (PCR)
Learn how to drive growth and sharpen your business acumen in either a large-format (such as large grocery chains) or small-format (such as convenience and gas) retail territory. Leverage and develop your customer service and relationship building skills to grow the business in your territory by increasing volume and new package distribution as well as selling and executing national and local promotions. This role is a key foundation of understanding the Direct Store Delivery model of the beverages business where we own the piece of the supply chain from order straight through to the shelf.
PepsiCo Canada: Foodservice
Foodservice Sales Representative (FSR)
Learn to drive growth and new business outside of the Retail environment through channels such as Restaurants, Recreational, Workplace, and Vending. Learn to manage leads, build and maintain relationships, secure new business, and find new opportunities. You will also get exposure to partnering with our third party carriers to meet the needs of smaller accounts that cannot be serviced through direct store delivery.
PepsiCo Canada: Warehouse Retail Sales
Territory Sales Representative (TSR)
Elevate your selling skills in the retail environment and learn to drive sales in the Warehouse distribution model for Quaker. Drive growth in your large-format retail territory in a model where store managers order from their own warehouses rather than having PepsiCo deliver directly to their stores. TSRs hone their sales pitch, time management, and relationship building skills to influence all the stores in their region to increase demand from their warehouse, collectively influencing their customers to order new innovations and higher volumes of our products through their banner’s warehouse.
Who’s a good fit for the team?
- Bachelor’s degree completed by August 2021
- Strong leadership, passion and a desire to make an impact!
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Results oriented with a positive “can-do” attitude
- Hold a valid driver’s license and have a clean record
- Competitive compensation, benefits, pension, RRSP contribution and vacation time
- A flexible working environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance
- A dynamic and inclusive culture that promotes you to bring your whole-self to work
- A supportive team that will encourage your professional growth and development
- An opportunity to be meaningful and impactful within your work and projects