This role is responsible for leading the FOBO / Trading Control agenda across the APAC BU by providing timely, accurate financial and management reporting in accordance with PepsiCo policies. This role is also responsible for safeguarding company assets, maintaining a strong internal control environment, and implementing and overseeing efficient, well-controlled financial transaction processing systems across entities covered.
- Manages the reporting and analysis process of APAC FOBO / Trading Entities to ensure the quality, timeliness and integrity of the financial statements:
- Ensure all income statement, balance sheet and cash flow adjustments and validations are reviewed prior to submitting results to Sector.
- Track and report PTR and drive corrective actions
- Prepare and present, if needed, to senior Leadership Team monthly, quarterly and annual reporting packages and variance analysis (HFM reports, compliance documents, and presentations)
- Leads a team of Business Controllers who will be main point of contact on any inquiries regarding reported numbers and business drivers
- Develop own skills to become the subject matter expert on HFM reporting
- Manages the effectiveness of the day-to-day financial transactional activities outsourced to the SSC BPO through review of key reports and metrics, escalating any recurring issues to the Global Finance Shared Services (GFSS) Process Leads and/or Service Delivery Manager.
- Manages the retained activities (FR, FA, AR & AP) of the APAC FOBO / Trading entities. Drives continuous process review for potential productivity improvements.
- Owns the necessary internal and external reporting requirements, including:
- Monthly Close and Flash reporting
- US GAAP reporting
- Balance sheet reviews (inclusive of monthly reconciliations)
- Cashflow / working capital (YAGO to actual analysis, etc)
- Internal audit information
- External audit information required for statutory accounts and returns
- Joint venture governance data
- Other regulatory requirements (transfer pricing, statistical data reporting)
- Manages the preparation and review of various external reporting requirements (e.g. Statutory accounts, tax returns, payroll tax, withholding taxes, final taxes and business permits, etc) to ensure that they have been accurately prepared.
- Manages GCS agenda of APAC FOBO / Trading entities. Ensures that controls are reviewed for changes in business, test scripts are updated, testing are completed timely. Ensure timely remediation of any control deficiencies identified.
- Encourages joint venture and distributor partners to embrace GCS as a best-practice tool.
- Collaborates with the Corporate Treasury on the cash mobilization plan for both PEP and JV entities.
- Manages ongoing relationships with external service providers (IBM, auditors, tax/legal advisors, bankers).
- Oversees local open tax cases collaborating with Business Controllers and Sector Tax Team and/or consultants.
- Drives best practice on processes that impacts financial reporting across the business and shared services teams. This will include process improvement and re-design, challenging of the status quo and building a close working relationship with the key leaders in the business and the SSC BPO.
- Supports the BU Controller in providing effective accounting guidance on business issues and initiatives, including business support.
- Leads, motivates and develops a team through building capability whilst ensuring activities are completed accurately and timely.
- Demonstrates and exercises a commitment to promote, develop and improve the health, safety and welfare of our people.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance and/or Accounting
- CA or CPA qualification; statutory accounting experience preferred
- Minimum of 8 years experience in financial accounting and management roles
- Solid analytical/functional skills. Ability to connect the dots/see the big picture without losing sight of details.
- Business process efficiency mindset
- Strong commercial and financial awareness, monitoring and coordination and budget ownership
- Collaborative, outcome focused and positive approach to change/ issue management
- Demonstrated planning, organisation; analytical skills; deadline focused; attention to detail; and prioritisation
- Internal control understanding
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Proven record of internal / external stakeholder management
- Demonstrated people management skills
- Good understanding of US GAAP and IFRS
- SAP and HFM knowledge
Job Type: Regular