Auto req ID: 211840BR
- Ensure uninterrupted chip-grade potato and corn supply to Kolkata COSO Plant and all the co-packs operation in East for Lay’s, Uncle Chipps and Doritos manufacturing.
- Lead East region contract/ collaborative farming program by develoing and nurturing sustained relations with aggregators and massive farmers base, to secure potato supply at advantgted quality and price for PC manufacturing in East.
- Efficient management of cold storage chain of ~ 1,20,000 T of chip grade potato storage in 15 cold store including 20000 T of dedicated long duration store.
- Leading development of new geography in East viz Assam state to deliver on advantaged Agro scale up plan fro East region.
- Supporting Bangladesh [ white space/ new country for PC manufacturing ] team in sustained and advantaged chip grade potato supply program development and scale up.
- Lead and manage East agro team to ensure sustainable growth of contract farming and market purchase of agro raw material (corn and potato) for East COSO plant and PC co-mans in Eastern region to deliver quanity and quality of potato and corn supply as per Annual Operating Plan and at most competitive cost.
- Develop and strengthen East Agri program covering strong ~ 11000 farmers base by:
- Developing & implementing strategy for long lasting famers relationship,
- Increasing support to growers through third party participation in program – Banks / Insurance / Chemical suppliers / Efficient Irrigation equipment and Mechanizations etc,
- Develop & maintain strong relations with all key stakeholders including rural agricultural cooperatives, agri-input dealers, aggregators, farmers & government officials so as to strengthen relations and brand equity of the company in the region.
- Leveraging and promotin Agi Digitization and modern technologies.
- To ensure best storage practices and develop logistics support for the plant operation. Develop strong Agro interface with Production & Quality teams in COSO plant and PC co-mans.
- Collaborate with plant team to understand the raw material (potao and corn) supply schedule and meet the supply matrix and quality parameters
- Ensure storage of potato and corn to sustain PC (Lay’s /UC) and TC (Doritos) production as per production schedule and maintain agreed potato/corn quality.
- Manage storage program to deliver least storage loss / cost as per PepsiCo storage protocol
- Develop & manage store vendors and negotiate most comepetitive rentals.
- Manage long duration storage for potato and corn.
- Risk Management, receivables management and ensuring legal & contractual obligations for the business.
- Agro Process Controller for Agro function – meet auditory and regulatory requirements for the function and the company for East Agri operations.
- Ensure compliances to GCS processes and key controls.
- Manage accounts – receivable from seed sale / others and also payables against potato/ corn purchase.
- Predict & manage Potato/ corn supply / storage risk.
- Ensure legal compliance in the market place.
- Commercial and operational liaisoning and negotiation with business associates viz. long duration store/ silo vendors ( potato and corn) and various traditional stores owners/vendors (~ 15 + traditional cold stores) and ensuring due diligence before getting engaged in any agreement.
- Negotiate according to market conditions of store association for traditional and bulk storages
- For Potatoes handling and management win-win agreement with productivity approach with third party operation ensuring compliance to PepsiCo procedures and policies.
- Leading Sustainable Farming journey for East region in line with PepsiCo Sustainable Farming program with full alignment with India & global SFP leads and actively working/ partnering with PepsiCo SFP partners [Control Union, Agri input suppliers etc].
- Active involvement and joint leadership in Community program for East region farmers & their community partnered or initiated by PepsiCo viz. Women Empoerment project in partnership with USAID.
- Expansion of PepsiCo Agro program in new territories / states in East/ North East India leveraging PepsiCo collaborative farming model and vareties.
- Organization building: Providing inspiring leadership to East region agri team and field agronomists.
- Lead the people process of Objective setting, MYR, PDR, Manager Connect, OHS for East agri team.
- Lead and drive safety agenda by training, audits and fortnightly con calls
- Skill mapping and bridge the gap to ensure right capability to execute the jobs
- Training and capability building calendar for the team with leveraging PepsiCo Learning Development tools
- Drive business linked reward and recognition to motivate team to deliver/exceed AOP.
- Develop team’s competency to venture into new geographical areas and get successes instantly using past expertise by using coaching, counseling and feedback mechanism.
Relocation Eligible: Eligible for Standard Relocation
- Education: Graduate/ Post-graduate in Agri, MBA – Agri business management (preferred)
- Language: English, Hindi, Bengali (Preferred)
- Funtional Experience:
- 10 - 15 years of hardcore Agri supply chain experience including sale of seed and other in-puts, contract farming, cold store chain operation, and, agri- procurement etc.
- Proven experience of dealing with farmers, aggregators and vendors, doing collective bargaining, negotiations, influencing and handling traders / distributors, channel management & people management.
- Proven experience in commercial Agro program development combined with varietal development.
- Exposure to FMCG/ food industry manufacturing plant mainly from Agri inputs supply perspective.
- Experience of dealing with local government authorities, contractors, unions , transporters, and, other eco system partners.
Job Type: Regular