PepsiCo is one of the world's leading food and beverage companies, with over $64 Billion in Net Revenue and a global portfolio of diverse and beloved brands. We have a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes 22 brands that each generated more than $1 Billion in annual retail sales. PepsiCo's products are sold in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo's strength is its people. We are over 250,000 game changers, mountain movers and history makers, scattered around the world, and united by a shared set of values and goals. We believe that acting ethically and responsibly is not only the right thing to do but also the right thing to do for our business. At PepsiCo, we aim to win sustainably in the marketplace and accelerate our top-line growth, while keeping our commitment to do good for the planet and our communities. We call this Winning with Purpose. For more information on PepsiCo and the opportunities it holds, visit www.pepsico.com.
PepsiCo Beverages North America (PBNA), which is the largest operating sector in PepsiCo at $20B+ Net Revenue, is focused on delivering its best-in-class portfolio and execution today while also charting the long-term growth and transformation efforts to succeed in the future as well. The Strategy and Transformation Director for the West Division will be based in Irvine, CA and will report directly to the Division President and the VP of PBNA Strategy and focus on establishing actionable and agile solutions to address the most challenging issues facing the company. Given the consumer, customer and social trends that all seemingly have their origins in the West Coast of the U.S., this role will truly have the opportunity to shape the course for this Division but the company as a whole as well.
This role will also work with that larger PepsiCo Strategy and Transformation team that is focused on bringing fresh and disruptive thinking to the ever-changing macro-environment. PepsiCo has Strategy & Transformation professionals aligned with each of our Sectors (e.g., PBNA), Global Businesses, and PepsiCo Corporate.
As a Director of West Division Strategy – part of the PBNA West Division and PBNA Strategy & Transformation function – you will contribute to a range of critical and impactful business priorities. Key responsibilities include the following:
- Build the long-term strategy of PBNA West Division in collaboration with PBNA Sector Strategy group to deliver sustainable, profitable growth for the Division and contribute to the overall growth plan for PBNA
- Support and lead projects sponsored by the West Division President, PBNA Sector Strategy team and West Leadership team across all functions including General Management, Sales and Supply Chain
- Shape the identification and resolution of key business development opportunities
- Collaborate and partner across brands, functions and markets in PBNA West to drive strategic initiatives to action
- Champion an agile organization and approach to solving business solutions
- Provide thought partnership to Senior Executives and business partners on a range of critical topics
- Identify and deconstruct business issues and develop strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks to evaluate
- Demonstrate strong leadership and significant influence management skills with the ability to gain credibility with Senior Executives while challenging the status quo
- Build “Executive ready” project deliverables, including presentations within the West Division and for the PBNA Executive Committee
- Lead project teams comprised of Analysts and Managers; oversee analysis to ensure conclusions are grounded in fact
- Execute against time-sensitive requests from PBNA West’s Division President and VP of PBNA Strategy, as well as cross-functional business leaders and partners
- Maintain an external mindset, including staying on top of consumer, competitive, and macroeconomic/geopolitical trends especially focused on the impact and influence on the Western part of the United States
- Manage a team of 1-2 Analysts and Managers, with responsibility for skill development, coaching, and career management
- Thought leadership
- Experience as an Engagement Manager or Case Leader in a major consulting firm
- BA preferred (MBA strongly preferred)
- A highly analytical, motivated, decisive thought leader with excellent managerial skills
- Strategic mindset with an ability to think broadly, refine questions, and develop analytical frameworks
- Outstanding project management skills
- High Emotional Intelligence and verbal and written communication skills that educate and influence senior leaders; ability to “manage up”
- Experience managing teams and partnering with multiple business functions
- Love of Consumer-Packaged Goods and our brands
- Global outlook with sensitivity and awareness of social and cultural differences
- 7+ years of strategy experience in a variety of positions both internally and externally (top-tier Consulting firm experience strongly preferred)
- This position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement