PepsiCo is a world leader in convenient snacks, food and beverage. We have a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes 22 brands that in 2018 each generated more than $1 billion in estimated annual retail sales. PepsiCo's products are sold in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. Our brands are loved all over the UK – Walkers are the UK’s favourite snacks. Doritos is the world leader snack brand for GenZ. Sensations is the UK #1 upper premium sharing snack. Tropicana is the UK’s top premium juice brand and Quaker is the UK’s favourite oats company. We are proud of being a diverse and inclusive environment.
Sharing and Better for you brands are worth over £400m RSV and growing 1.5 to 5 time the market. From Doritos, iconic brand for Gen Z & on the way to become N2 snacks in the market, Sensations, now N1 premium sharing brand, to Snack a Jack N1 rice cake brand growing double digit and Sunbites N1 wholegrain brand, you will work on a set of iconic snack brands.
As the TCP lead you will accelerate brand growth by leading the media, digital and integrated comms strategy for these brands in the UK. You will leverage the latest media knowledge to identify consumer-rooted media opportunities for growth and create disruptive plans harnessing the power of earned, owned and paid media. You will be deploying fully integrated plans that take consumers through the purchase funnel, be obsessed with data driven strategy and applying personalization @ scale on all campaigns. You will establish online consumer engagement plans and set up always on conversations.
As a key leader of the marketing team you’ll also take part in the extended marketing leadership team and drive functional capability workstream to enhance PepsiCo UK marketing function.
- Develop multi-year integrated campaign strategies (Total Connections Plans), considering must win territories and key initiatives for long term success, working closely with broader marketing teams and agencies.
- Partner with media agency team to orchestrate the media planning, buying and content launches defining media sufficiency levels and support the brand team to pursue channel neutral ideas – not necessarily TV-first.
- Lead an audience-first strategy on each brand driving personalisation@scale and support brand team to craft content tailored to these audiences, delivering the right message through the right channel at the right time.
- Deliver clear reviews of activity performance vs. plan and define future recommendations to optimise / improve media/campaign performance and feed those learnings during the brand planning process
- Work closely with the Media & TCP centre of excellence, share best practice; support test and learn framework priorities to drive future growth, including eCommerce & IT innovation team
- Keep up to date with the strategic digital landscape and co-lead the marketing capability agenda in the UK; both on the specific capability sessions, as well as during the ongoing day to day work with the teams
- Build strong relationship with key media partners to unlock added value benefits and innovation opportunities
- Manage and develop the Consumer engagement & content manager
- Manage media budget to deliver on time & in full
- Strong Connections Planning (integrated communications planning) or marketing experience with scale launches planning through media/digital and offline
- Digital marketing skills and expertise with media plan optimisation, working with partners to scale activations
- Strong strategic thinking - can demonstrate a consumer-centric approach to developing brand strategy
- Commercial acumen – demonstrate the value commercial results with examples of ROI delivery
- Innovative & proactive – creative strategist who is comfortable challenging status quo, brings creativity to problem-solving through the use of innovative frameworks and technological solutions
- Analytical skills – create robust analysis and meaningful insights to drive actions and highlight opportunities
- Project management – ability to manage multiple projects in a fast moving and ever changing environment with maturity and foresight to cope with input and changes, sometimes at the last minute
- Data savvy – experience of identifying & influencing a consumer across channels based on behaviour
- Technically aware – this is not an IT role, but there is an aspect of the role designed to use technology to maximize comms plans during interactions, so candidates must have worked closely with the technological side of digital (& e-commerce preferable)
- Ability to set the agenda, specifically:
- Balancing competing priorities
- Effectively filters through & identifies the best ideas to pursue
- Leadership experience of managing a direct report
- Entrepreneurial spirits and proactive who challenge the status quo and build disruptive thinking
- Ability to manage and influence senior management with plans and recommendations - turning complex business cases into easy to digest sound bites
- Excellent collaboration skills that can navigate a cross-functional matrix to galvanize teams and get buy in from a matrix organisation
#LI-UKRelocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.