We are PepsiCo!
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, to LIFEWTR, to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Innovation is a critical way we impact the market, as well as communities around the globe. We believe there is value in products, people, and planet. And we strive to make a difference by creating solutions that leave a lasting positive footprint.
Our culture is inspired by our employees. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams adopting new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, What Makes You Unique, Makes Us Better!
Demand Xcelerator is a team that represents a transformation of Shopper Insights, Shopper Marketing, Category Leadership, and Space Engineering resources to support Sales and Marketing plans for enterprise, national, and regional customers across the PepsiCo portfolio. This approach allows us to build best-in-class capabilities, develop deep functional expertise, and offer focused programs to drive growth with our customers. The Demand Xcelerator will help PepsiCo provide our customers with cutting edge data and insights, as well as, personalized solutions to drive incremental growth for both our customers and PepsiCo.
Great opportunity within PepsiCo’s Demand Xcelerator to join a PepsiCo Customer Team leading the Category Leadership agenda. The primary objectives of this role are to drive accelerated growth, market share gains, and elevated customer partnership through the development of actionable Category and Shopper Insights.
Primary responsibility is to lead, enhance, and grow the PepsiCo Advisor relationship with the Category Buyer by being the unbiased thought leader and go-to resource for all category and consumer trends as well as merchandising solutions. Drive shopper specific granular analytics from multiple data sources across markets, shoppers, and consumers to make business-building recommendations for category growth. Importantly, this position requires both data and business savvy, as well as effective communication and problem-solving skills in order to provide consultative category management to the shopper.
- Category Expert - Delivers weekly category performance reporting and communication. Additionally, conducts regular business reviews focused upon opportunity identification through deep 4P analytics into narrowly defined immediate business problems to solve.
- Strategic Thought Partner – Drive Insights to Action by conducting state of the business, category, macro-trends, competitive landscape, pricing, assortment optimization, early indicators, and shopper trends.
- Primary responsibility is to lead, enhance, and grow the PepsiCo relationship with the Category Buyer by being a thought leader and “go-to” resource for all category, shopper and consumer trends, and merchandising solutions
- Use shopper specific granular analytics from multiple data sources across markets, shoppers, and consumers to make business-building recommendations for category growth
- This position requires both analytical skills and business savvy, as well as superior communication and problem-solving skills in order to provide consultative category management to the customer
- Secondary responsibilities include leveraging multiple data sources to gain a deep understanding of consumer and shopper behavior and interactions across products, geographies, cohorts, and occasions. This analysis will be used to drive the Walmart Foods/Salty Snacks learning agenda. The position offers an opportunity to make immediate impact in changing the category landscape
- Drives the discovery and use of consumer, customer and market insights in Customer Team strategies, category strategies and planning, customer communication, and initiatives that enhance brand and category performance. This work includes, but is not limited to, new product introductions, pricing analyses, seasonal reviews and programs, promotional planning and evaluation, consumer usage analyses, understanding the impact of assortment changes on category and brand growth
- Provides consumer/market knowledge to meet the needs of Walmart and oversees appropriate learning projects.
- Leverages syndicated consumer and market data for the purposes of uncovering compelling insights
- Leverages shopper and consumer insights in the development of category strategies and retailer relevant sell stories
- Integrates information from many sources and develops actionable insights and recommendations
- Provide expert analysis and insight to Customer Team members so they are able to effectively make optimal decisions in the marketplace, and share that learning across the broader organization
- Keeps abreast of developments and best practices in category management. Pursues the knowledge needed to improve departmental capabilities and improve professional competence
- Participates in account strategic planning process
- Act as a strong, clear, objective, and inspiring voice of the Walmart shopper
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA degree preferred
- 5-10 years' of Category Management experience within the consumer packaged goods industry
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking; ability to link strategies and objectives to develop compelling stories
- Strong thought leadership and influencing skills: the ability to influence both internal team members and customer to reach goals
- Ability to proactively set and lead an insights agenda
- Strong data analysis, problem-solving, and storytelling experience
- Working knowledge of syndicated data via IRI and/or Nielsen required. Will work with several data sources in the role. Understanding of shopper insights and panel data preferred
- Highly proficient with MS PowerPoint and MS Excel
- Ability to “connect the dots” and bring insights into action
- Strong communication and presentation skills at the Executive level. Ability to interact confidently and effectively with team members, management and the customer
- Capacity to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Strong planning/organizing skills; the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong capability to leverage influencing skills to gain alignment, agreement, and commitments (internal/external)
- Must be willing to travel 10% of the time
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement