- Manage day to day operations to achieve business objectives and goals.
- Develop, administer and manage an operating budget cost center.
- Maintain a healthy, effective working relationship with the local union.
- Effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization.
- Administer company policies, procedures, and the collective bargaining agreement within the department.
- Monitor product quality and sanitation to ensure company standards are maintained.
- Coordinate with appropriate company agencies, other departments and outside vendors as needed on intra department issues.
- Maintain and communicate the operational performance, i.e. reliability, juice yield, etc., of the department.
- Coach and develop all employees to achieve superior performance and enhance personal growth and development.
- Ensure appropriate resources are involved to resolve issues as they arise.
- Manage and administer cost reduction/cost control initiatives.
- Assumes other responsibilities and performs special functions as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Actively lead and participate in Safety to deliver company objectives and goals (Department, Plant Safety, Steering Committee, Ergo, etc.)
- Embody Key principles in daily operations
- Maintain or enhance self esteem
- Listen and respond with empathy
- Ask for help and encourage involvement
- Share thoughts , feelings, and rationale
- Provide support without removing responsibility
- Be versed and able to apply and develop high performance work systems
- Identify gaps in performance, investigate root cause effectively and efficiently and implement counter measures to eliminate recurrence.
- Develop and implement daily management systems (base business processes) as needed to ensure stability in daily operations and corresponding results.
- High School Diploma Required; Bachelor's Degree Preferred: Business Management, Engineering, Food
- Three to five Years production management experience in a manufacturing or related field in a consumer product manufacturing environment, preferably food or beverage.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be Flexible and Adapt to an ever changing environment
- Ability to be creative and innovative finding new solution sets as appropriate
- Process control experience in Packaging, Process or Utllities
- Maintenance or production management experience preferrably in a Union type environment
- Development of High Performance Teams
- Familiarization with OSHA, USDA, FDA, and EPA requirements
- Excellent Planning & Execution Skills
- Training and development skills
- Team leadership, facilit.ation, collaboration and influencing skills
- Proficiency with PC software - Microsoft: Excel, Word, Power Point, and Project
This position requires the mandatory use of respiratory protection in certain situations. All equipment, training, and reviews will be provided by Tropicana at no cost to the employee. Within the first thirty (30) days of accepting this position the employee must successfully:
- 1 Pass Authorized Respiratory Protection Training
- Obtain medical clearance to wear a respirator
- Pass a pulmonary function test
- Pass fit testing pending choice of respiratory protection (Depending on the choice you may be required to be clean shaven every day)
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement