The purpose of the weekend Carrier Manager is to source and secure carrier capacity that meets the needs of our internal and external customer requirements at a rate and service level that meets or exceeds business goals. The Friday – Monday role must effectively build long term strategic relationships with a variety of carriers and be resourceful to find incremental capacity as needed by the business in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
The role must be able to effectively cover at least 15 - 25 loads per day as defined by the freight profile while contributing to a shop average of at least $1800 Net Revenue / Day. The role must maintain close contact with at least 15 different asset-based carriers to support business needs within a defined geography.
- Strong working knowledge of a strategic carrier daily capacity and network
- Strong working knowledge of customer's supply chain, requirements, and new initiatives
- Achieve favorable service perception
- Responsible for all carrier prospecting, management, negotiations, and relations leading to a strong long term partnership
- Ability and willingness to support account management duties as needed by the business
- Develop and lead key brokerage SOPS and Protocols
- Participate in on-call, after hours and weekend duties as determined based on business needs
- 80% External - New and existing customers and asset-based carriers
- 20% Internal - Collaboration with business development, account management, and leadership team
- Willing to work a weekend schedule
- Ability to effectively interact and build a favorable business relationship with all carriers and customers
- Ability to influence a carrier to provide capacity during all supply/demand cycles
- Drive for Results to excel at capacity management and load coverage in a variety of scenarios
- Ability to learn key freight brokerage market dynamics and industry best practices
- Ability to learn brokerage pricing techniques and tools to effectively secure capacity at optimal rates
- Effective at negotiation
- Strong team player and committed to teamwork in all situations
- Ability to operate and flourish in a fast-paced business start-up
- Willingness to support account management and customer service tasks
- Has “Whatever it takes” attitude
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement