Experienced Fleet Technician - UCV Tech (FT/Evenings/CDL A Permit prior to hire)
$25.00 per hour
Position performs basic diagnostic and repair work, including scheduled preventative maintenance on Universal Cold Vault equipment. Position trains the facility technicians on serviceability and repairs to the Cold Vault Equipment. Position works with a high degree of independence. . Position works as part of a team in a manufacturing/factory environment. This position requires that you have your own basic hand tools; diagnostic, ergonomic, and high-tech equipment will be provided. Due to the scope and variety of Pepsi's fleet, our department includes a variety of positions and job opportunities, ranging from entry-level to master technicians. We provide extensive training and continuous education to build onto your current basic maintenance education. May require lifting, carrying, pulling and/or moving between 20 and 50 pounds repeatedly throughout the workday. Requires kneeling, squatting, crouching, crawling and bending when making repairs, often in low places.
- Diagnose failures of Universal Cold Vault equipment and disassemble, repair and reassemble parts as necessary
- Take direction from senior technicians and supervisors
- Basic computer use (email and web browser)
- Repair and perform preventative maintenance on Universal Cold Vault equipment
- Maintain Universal Cold Vault equipment records as required
- Maintain and repair fleet equipment
- Fill out all necessary documents
- Maintain parts inventory
- Maintain records such as daily check list (pre-trip inspection)
- Pass the drug test
- Pass the background check
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds (with or without an accommodation)
- Able to reach, lift, carry, push and pull (with or without an accommodation)
- Able to speak English
- Experience working with at least one of the following areas: basic refrigeration systems, electrical systems, mechanical systems, plumbing, operations / production / manufacturing / assembly, farming, construction, or similar physical environment.
- Ability to travel overnight
- Experience working with basic refrigeration systems (e.g., understanding refrigeration cycle, Freon, compressors, evaporators, condensers, etc.)
- Experience working with electrical systems (e.g., understanding flow, wiring, outlets, volt meter, etc.)
- Experience working with mechanical systems (e.g., knowing mechanical concepts, troubleshooting and repairing appliances, performing basic household repair in plumbing, circuits, fuses, and electrical components, operating hand tools and power tools, etc.)
- Experience working with plumbing (e.g., working with drains, water supply, ice makers, shut-off valves, sweating copper, filtration systems, etc.)
- Experience working with moving equipment (forklifts, hand trucks, etc.)
- Proficient experience in Microsoft Office, email and computer skills.
- Experience working under limited supervision (performing job duties without constant direction and supervision)
- Experience working in team based environments (collaborating with others).
- Completion of technical education (e.g., auto repair school, technical collegePrevious experience working under limited supervision (performing work on your own, working remotely from direct supervisor)
- Basic understanding of preventative maintenance programs
- PFormal schooling in technical industry (e.g., certification program, military training, technical/community college)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Please view our Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 5000333221910