$17.75 per hour
- Tuesday -- Saturday 7:00am -- 4:00pm $17.75 per hour
- Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm -- 2:00am $17.75 per hour
Position yard truck jockey should be comfortable operate a yard mule with a trailer, to move trailers in and out of docks or around the yard. Yard drivers must be able to back trailers up to dock doors, often with other trailers on either side of docks. Inspects all vehicles for proper and safe operating conditions throughout complete shift. May require driving in adverse weather conditions.
A yard jockey should possess adequate communication skills in order to understand written and spoken instructions, excellent safety awareness and a sufficient level of physical fitness, as the job involves some manual labor. Position requires working tractor/trailer components, including bending and cranking landing gear as well as climbing in and out of cabs and sitting for extended periods of time. Position will include weekends and/or holidays work.
PRIMARY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Must be able to back trailers up to dock or maneuver around yard.
- Maintain all safety standards.
- Regular, reliable, predictable attendance.
- Ensure safety and compliance of load.
- Comply with GOOD MANUFACTURING PRACTICES, safety, audit and food safety standards.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS :
- 21 years or older (CDL Required)
- Pass the required drug test
- Pass the required background check
- Valid CDL license required
- Pass DOT physical and DOT Road Test
- Follow DOT Regulations
- Operating trucks requiring a CDL Class A license (e.g., driving forwards, driving backwards, maneuvering in tight spaces, dropping and hooking, operating landing gear, or backing into docks and confined spaces, etc.)
- Operating a tractor-trailer in different conditions (e.g., highway driving, side/local roads, city/country, maneuvering in tight spaces, etc.)
- Working with standards of operating (e.g., OSHA requirements on minimum/maximum speeds, signaling, etc.)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Please view our Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 5000470202510