This labor-intensive position is responsible for loading cases on a pallet, requires strict attention to order accuracy. Works from order sheets to build loads using a forklift and/or electronic pallet jack. Follows warehouse instructions in building loads. Position is responsible for maintaining the stability of the pallet through proper stacking and shrink-wrapping. In most cases, Product/packages for each truck are customized based on the salespersons order. Pallets are loaded onto a trailer for local delivery. Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
Position requires lifting a very high volume of cases of product per day from 20-45 pounds per case repeatedly during a long work period. Requires constant standing, walking, bending, twisting, squatting reaching and grasping as product is moved.
PRIMARY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Drive hi-lift to picking area and build pallet/load according to load sheet or voice pick audio equipment (if applicable)
* Mark load ticket for out of stock items
* Wrap pallet when pallet/load is finished
* Turn in paper work with order for check before loading and have truck checked
* Stage pallet and/or load into truck when ready
* Complete partial pallets and put away mixed pallets
* Maintain proper housekeeping standards in work area
* Regular, reliable, predictable attendance
- 18 years or older
- Must submit to a drug screen
- Pass the physical capabilities test (if applicable)
- Pass forklift skills test (if applicable)
- Pass the background check
- Experience working in a warehouse environment (e.g., product storage, product staging, forklifts, etc.)
- Driving a forklift (e.g., performing basic operations such as driving forwards, driving backwards, lifting and lowering boom, maneuvering in tight areas without damaging product, etc.)
- Working with racking systems and loading/unloading pallets (e.g., pulling and placing pallets on/off vertical product racking systems and trucks, maximizing storage by stacking products vertically, etc.)
- Experience working in a team environment (e.g., cooperating with co-workers, joint problem solving, etc.)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Please view our Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 5000488387406