* Intermediate PLC troubleshooting including both discrete and analog devices
* Disassemble units, determine extent of trouble, repair or replace components, reassemble, and adjust for proper operation
* Understand operating principles of instruments, control loops (PID), and other analog devices. Knowledge of servo motor control and associated software.
* Understand how juice systems and packaging equipment work
* Trained and basic capability on applicable PLC software, HMI software, and field device networks.
* Trained and demonstrated capability on carton, case and pallet coding systems (Video Jets, Weber Labelers, etc)
* Read, understand and troubleshoot from Process & Instrumentation Diagrams, pinning charts, and functional system descriptions.
* Plan, layout and perform a wide range of installation, repair, and maintenance operations on a full range of electrical equipment and circuitry throughout the plant.
* Install, maintain and repair (complex automatic controls, generating equipment, transformers, motor control centers, and related electrical equipment, including PLC's and VFD's).
* Install, maintain and repair Medium Voltage ( 480 v) motors and power distribution systems, including transformers, motor starters, switchgear etc.
* Perform troubleshooting of PLC's, PLC code, and discrete I/O devices using a laptop or personal computer or screen.
* Perform basic troubleshooting of (field device networks ControlNet and DeviceNet) using laptop or screen.
* Program and troubleshoot VFD's using HIM module and / or other tools or software.
* Have basic understanding of the National Electric Code and other reference materials and charts.
* Have math skills as needed for measuring and calculating electrical formulas
* Be able to identify electrical components and follow wiring diagrams drawings and schematics.
* Have a sound basic knowledge of PC's, printers and their associated software (Windows, Word, Excel, etc...)
* Perform material procurement duties using SAP
* Develop competencies through formal and on-the-job training to perform calibrations on instruments such as Level & Pressure Transmitters, Temperature measuring devices, Conductivity Sensors, etc. and achieve ISA level 1 Certified Control Systems Technician or equivalent
* Make technical decisions and effectively prioritize scheduled work and projects with a minimum of interference or delay to production
* Perform other related duties assigned by management
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Please view our Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 5000494277206