$30.32 per hour
* Applicant must hold a current EPA type II Certification Card (Federal Requirement).* Have working knowledge of EPA refrigerant handling, transfer, reclaim, and storage. * Maintains repairs and troubleshoots railcar transport refrigeration systems to ensure compliance with EPA regulations and customer requirements. *Troubleshoot determine needs and repairs non-conforming parts and / or systems. * Document and maintains paperwork for maintenance according to regulations and company requirements. * Railcar Refrigeration Mechanic will comply with company policy on safety standards, proper uses of equipment, tools, processes and procedures.* The Railcar Refrigeration Mechanic is directly responsible and accountable for meeting his/her daily production schedule as assigned. * Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. The Railcar Refrigeration Mechanic will deliver on the following performance criteria:* Establish communication with lead, QA, or supervisor to minimize downtime and maintain constant production levels. * Documents and maintains paperwork according to regulatory and company requirements.* Meet acceptable time standards and efficiencies as established by industry standards and communicated by lead.* Maintain a clean, safe and productive work environment including 5-S. * Identify problems with equipment / systems, determine the root cause and take corrective action. * Meets or exceeds quality standards on all work that is performed and recognize quality as a key element of customer satisfaction and meeting business goals.* Meet or exceed all safety standards including LOTO and Blue flag protocols. * The Railcar Refrigeration Mechanic should have a high school diploma or GED and a minimum of 2 years work experience in the railcar refrigeration repair field. Candidate should possess competency in the following required skills. * Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures for repairing transport refrigeration systems.* Ability to maintain, repair and troubleshoot TRU system to ensure railcar safe operation and compliance with EPA and federal / state regulations and customer requirements.* Use of hand tools, meters, and electronic test devices.* Need to possess and be able to use required hand tools, meters, and test gauges.* Must be knowledgeable of, and use LOTO and Blue flag procedures.* Ability to lift 50 pounds* Climb, squat, twist and bend to accomplish necessary repairs* Use of respirator as required* Able to work any shift* Work outdoors in all weather conditions* Need to possess and be able to use required hand tools* Be able to read / understand work instructions, and read, understand, and apply EPA and manufacturers specifications.* Must be proficient in knowledge, troubleshooting, and proper repair of microprocessor and control systems.* Acquire necessary training and certifications for maximum proficiency to diagnose and repair all aspects of TRUs.
Purpose:* Demonstrate behavior consistent with PepsiCo Values and Code of Conduct* Promote a positive team environment* Ensure reliable and safe operation of equipment through troubleshooting and maintenance* Build the capability of the organization through training
Safety:* Must adhere to PPE requirements set forth by the department* Ensure all safety rules, procedure, policies and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) are followed* Participate in department safety audits and department walk-throughs
High School Diploma or GED
* A current EPA type II Certification Card (Federal Requirement).
* A minimum of 2 years work experience in the railcar refrigeration repair field.
* Ability to lift 50 pounds* Climb, squat, twist and bend to accomplish necessary repairs
* Able to work any shift* Work outdoors in all weather conditions
* Need to possess and be able to use required hand tools
* Be able to read / understand work instructions, and read, understand, and apply EPA and manufacturers specifications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy.
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement
Job Ref: 5000519491606