PepsiCo Canada employs nearly 10,000 Canadians and is organized into two business units - PepsiCo Beverages Canada, which includes brands such as Pepsi, Gatorade and Tropicana; and PepsiCo Foods Canada, which includes Frito Lay Canada and Quaker foods & snacks. PepsiCo Canada, in turn, belongs to the global PepsiCo, Inc., family
We are a first-class global organization and employer looking to recruit the best talents for our Bathurst location.
JOB TITLE: SERVICE TECHNICIAN FOR PEPSI EQUIPMENT SERVICES
SCHEDULE: Monday to Friday with on call: according to CBA
Overtime if necessary.
- The Service Technician reports to the Pepsi Equipment Manager and is responsible for the Bathurst inventory, delivery, pickup, installation, repair, maintenance, preventative maintenance and sanitation of all the Company’s equipment, including fountain equipment Pepsi reserves the right to change responsibility as per PepsiCO requirements.
- Repair, install, clean and sterilize all the equipment and make sure they are in good working order, on and off the Company’s premises.
- Deliver, install and retrieve all Fountain Equipment, vending machines, coolers, cooling systems, coin mechanisms and any other Company-owned equipment.
- Complete a detailed report for each service call, including job-related documents.
- Ability to work with a handheld computer.
- Be available to work outside regular work hours (morning, evening and weekends) if necessary, to answer service requests or any other request from the Service Manager.
- Report to the Dispatcher at check-in and check-out on each service call.
- Maintain sufficient part inventory at all time.
- Make sure all necessary tools are available.
- Provide a written report for all vehicle collisions or other accidents.
- Maintain the truck in good working order and provide a written report in case of any malfunction.
- Complete any other related task.
- Must have secondary education; diploma in any of the following fields Refrigeration, technician, information technology, mechanical technician
- Successfully complete written and practical tests on the Company’s equipment.
- Driver’s license with a clean abstract
- Demonstrate initiative and good organization skills.
- Demonstrate capacities and ability to install and repair all of the Company’s equipment.
- Ability to make a diagnosis and establish a work plan at each customer location and/or for all on-site equipment.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Parts Inventory
- Ability to establish and maintain good relationship with customers.
Job Type: Regular